Port Gawler???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you agree with my post?

• YES

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • NO

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • SORT OF

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

MajorAwesome

Reaction score
I would like to talk about the disappointment I am feeling in Port Gawler Rec Park I have been out there heaps and have gone there for most of my riding. I am always there at 9:30 to get a full days riding in I come mainly on weekends had done some weekday trips when I have leave (which is rarely).

So I get up early one day this week to head out for a good days riding only to get out there and be told by the girl in the shop there that the guy running it is not coming weekdays. I mean come on it flippin school holidays as well so we call to find out what the deal is and the bloke answers and says that he has stopped coming out weekdays and only weekends now and maybe he will come out on the odd Wednesday now and then (I mean who goes riding on Wednesday)

I understand it can be hard organising a hire park but let’s have a think about running a business you need to be open to make money the girl at the shop there told us she turned away 13 groups the day before I mean at $40 a bike that $560 dollars for one day

The tracks are okay without be great they are better organised than the old park but very bland. There is no real sense of adventure when riding them its good when you are with 4 or 5 mates but a little dull just two of you. The room needs to be better used. Join the intermediate track and “enduro” together to make a longer track and create a new intermediate track with the return track from the enduro that is be used now.

I’m sorry I think South Australia deserves better the problem it there is nowhere I mean I would drive two hours to a really good park than 40mins to a very average one. I would like to hear anyone else’s opinion about Port Gawler weather they agree or disagree. Or any other suggestions as to improve our states riding parks. How far would you drive for a good park?

Good for you, get on that soapbox, you are sooo right. And while we are on the topic how about those blood sucking politicians who are always *****in about needing more money because they haven't screwed us enough with taxes and stamp duty, why don't they allow atv's and pitbike, motocross bikes etc, you know the unregistered type buy permits for the day so we can go riding in the national parks. In the USA you can do 10 day treks across Yellowstone on ATV, how awesome is that. SO if there are any politicians who want increase the state copper and get my vote then legislate for permits allowing us to use our bikes in National Parks

Good for you, get on that soapbox, you are sooo right. And while we are on the topic how about those blood sucking politicians who are always *****in about needing more money because they haven't screwed us enough with taxes and stamp duty, why don't they allow atv's and pitbike, motocross bikes etc, you know the unregistered type buy permits for the day so we can go riding in the national parks. In the USA you can do 10 day treks across Yellowstone on ATV, how awesome is that. SO if there are any politicians who want increase the state copper and get my vote then legislate for permits allowing us to use our bikes in National Parks
I ABSOLOUTLY AGREE you are 100% right Victoria and NSW have a rec rego where you can do that its not even a couple of hundred a year and they can ride on beaches in parks but in in SA. SA's new slogan should be "NOT IN SA MATE"

Really, I wonder if we can rec register our bikes in Vic and bring them back over the border

SA's new slogan should be "NOT IN SA MATE"

Yeah you can add sandboarding in National Parks to that too... For such a small sport we can get fined for even standing on a sand dune. It's crap! A few of the locals down here ride their minis at The Bluff without too much trouble (I think) I built my own track at home so I'm happy I don't have to go far to ride. Though a strap down the beach would be cool :D But that's probably illegal too...

Yeah you can add sandboarding in National Parks to that too... For such a small sport we can get fined for even standing on a sand dune. It's crap! A few of the locals down here ride their minis at The Bluff without too much trouble (I think) I built my own track at home so I'm happy I don't have to go far to ride. Though a strap down the beach would be cool :D But that's probably illegal too...
lol yeah most likely! what isnt illegal these days!

geographically i have no idea on this one but what about sambra they have access to a good track i assume they are still running not sure and if there not it's because of a lack of support and part there organization

just a thought

the do gooders suck balls

In SA a beach is deemed as a road so rego, drink drive etc all apply, not that I agree with drink driving. I can't believe they bust people for sandboarding on dunes. They have no idea. Provided you are not tearing up vegetation holding parts of the dune system together then sandboards, dirtbikes, atv's and even 4x4 do nothing to the dunes. They are naturally moving all the time. I don't know about sand down your way but sand on Eyre Peninsula dunes pretty much leaves no tracks after a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back