Possible choices on new bike, sold my old one

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkreign

Reaction score
This is not one of them threads - hey what is this brand like

Hey guys i sold my old mini. was a pit pro 125 with a big list of mods, too long to list. got a decent price that i was happy with. $950. im wanting to use this money towards something else. whether it be along the lines of a 150, 160 or 250. i been lookin at a bunch of bikes and found a very nice used atomik comp series 160. could be sold tho the guy wont answer his phone. from what ive seen them bikes are really nice for a cheaper branded one.

The question is do i spent $1500 or more and get a 3/4 size bike with a 250 loncin or zongshen motor or go smaller with something like a yx 160 motor. as far as i know the yx motors are pretty strong but i like the idea of a 3/4 size bike. i havent been able to find a 3/4 size bike with the yx 160 motor (ideally thatd be what id like). i dont wanna go too powerful cos id just leave my mates with minis in the dust and it wouldnt be as fun riding with them. ive checked many sites looking for the right thing but cant seem to find something along the lines i want. how much more powerful do u think the 250 is over the yx 160 as the power output described doesnt change much between them. heres some of the ones i looked at

Fury 250cc - MX Bike - Dirt Bike

Comp 160cc - Competition Bike - Dirt Bike

XMotos Motorbikes Australia. Qld Caboolture.- XB30, XB31, XB32 - Dirt Bike, Motocycle retailer, accessories, spare parts and riding gear. See the Team at X Motos

XB31-B 250cc Dirt Bike Xmotos

http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/dhz-dpro-160-4-speed-manual-updated-model/DHZ-06

never heard of this zuma brand so couldnt say what theyre like, ive heard of xmotos and seen mix reviews. atomik is atomik everyone knows them and what theyre like.

any thoughts would be cool, and if u know of anything i should look for please let me know. thanks in advance

Edit * If the difference between a yx160 output and a loncin or whatever 250 is minimal (i know the yx is a strong motor) would it be in my interest just to look at a 250 being i like the size more of 3/4 bikes

Last edited:
Thanks mate i didnt even think about the bigfoot models. i wasnt sure how big they are in comparison to a 50 style, or a 250 style. thinking about it now i did see a couple guys riding around atomik bigfoots one day and the size was nice. add a yx 160 to that and should be a good ride. i dont mind getting extra bits for it later down the track like bars, grips, shock etc cos i know the standard have alot to be desired

Hey mate I got an atomik nitrous 150 cc yx engine for $530 and the thing is a beast, spend a few hundred on replacing the cheap weak stuff and you got yourself a good bike !

sorry isaac one of the reasons i sold the pit pro is cos i want something physically bigger

well im not a big guy, 5'10" and 85kg. i was able to ride the pit pro really easy but after 3 yrs of it and seeing some of the bigger pit bikes i decided its time to change it up to something bigger to be more comfortable. after a full day of riding the pit pro my ass was sore as hell cos the seat is so small. on top of that the power of an xy 160 will leave the lifan 125 in the dust but not so much that thered be no point riding with my mates with 110's and 125's. at the end of the day i could buy a 2 stroke jap bike for around $2000 and blitz em all but i dont want that for a few reasons. im fairly set on an atomik reign 160 now whether it be a bigfoot or the non bigfoot model. im gonna go check my local dealer to see which is more comfortable tomorrow out of the 2, then make a decision from there. the atomik reign and reign bigfoot are the same bike just the bigfoot has more ground clearance to the larger wheels.

yeah i know man ive been through that. theres more involved than bike for my budget, or which brand. its more about what bike would suit me the most due to the fact i want more power than the 125 with a mid size. i know all about the different major brands and quality of them. it doesnt matter what i buy as long as it has a decent frame and motor cos the other **** i can do up. i plan on buying bolt ons like bars, shock, filter, grips and levers. im trying to find something that really suits my needs as when i bought the pit pro it was more about i plan on spending this much money what can i get for that price to **** around on with friends

edit * also to an extent that page really needs to be reviewed and rewritten. alot of the information is now outdated, itd be impossible these days to find a braaap below 2 grand if u want something other than a 50cc. same as the pit pro/atomik between $500-$1000. alot of their bikes are $500 up to $2000 these days. not being a smart ass. just sayin is all

Last edited:
Well i went down to my local dealer (for pit pro as theres no atomik in my city) and they had 2 klx style bikes exactly the same just one was bigfoot other wasnt. the bigfoot definately feels better than the standard. the ground clearance just feels better and the size of the wheels would make it easier through brush. it looked like the only difference was wheel sizing between the 2. forks looked same length aswell as swingarm.

i can give you the name, addy and number of a guy that will set you up with a bigfoot be it a atomik 140 or ones he builds with lifan 140 engine in it... i am actually looking at getting one my self he charges 750 i think or 700.. that 700 does include a warranty also.. it is the all round bigger bike then the midsized nitrous...

Make your decision from the bike shop you went too. Pitpro and Atomik arn't much different.

yeah i pretty much did. except there was no way i was buying from the local dealer here. i only went there to check sizes. anyone in adelaide who knows kamikazee motorsport (three amigos) knows how bad they are and will refuse to give them any sort of money no matter how small.

Also i ended up buying a bike. checked atomiks ebay listings. i got the atomik nitrous mid size 160 (yx160) for $875 including shipping haha. what a steal the motor alone is like $600-$700. then ill buy some bars, grips, filter, shock, forks and swingarm over time to make this thing a real beast. should only set me back another $500ish which ends up still being cheaper than they want for the bike on their homepage.

It says it has an SDG trellis frame. i cant work out what that is but i spoke to a dealer in victoria who claims that frame is alot stronger than the standard chromolly trellis design. he recommended that bike to me specifically because im an adult and it has a much stronger frame. for the life of me i cant find any picture of what this frame looks like though. i know what the standard chromolly trellis design is. is SDG the quality of the steel or is it a different design?

overall from what ive experienced with atomik the customer service has been really good. i spoke to them on the phone regarding a couple things i needed to discuss with them and they were totally more than helpful and i was left feeling really good about dealing with them. for a cheaper brand im impressed with how they handle customer service and cant complain with the bike $650 cheaper than it would have cost me from their homepage lol

Hey bikerboi85,
A trellis frame is a type of frame design. SDG is the brand that manufactured the frame on your new bike.

Congratulations mate :D

Well it sounds like "Atomik" is picking up their game. Good on them too.

yeah im pretty happy. they shipped it off today from melbourne and the ETA on arrival is tomorrow. bloody express shipping! how mad is that

Also i know swapper that trellis is the design of the frame. twin tube with a W pattern in between them. my pit pro had that, i just didnt know what SDG meant. i spoke to a mate and he said SDG is the brand and that SDG used to make pitbikes and that they were a pretty decent brand back then. he runs a genuine thumpstar with a billet frame including swingarm he got for like $80 off ebay. he checked how much they actually sell for was like $900 frame. the guy put no reserve stupidly.

so yeah i say again im pretty damn happy so far.

yeah i wish it was that easy, since i got the bike its been running terribly, it doesnt idle well (was rev hunting to start with now its spluttering on idle) and it splutters on low throttle. also the valve cover on the bottom of the motor had a loose nut so i tried to tighten it to find the thread in the head was totally stripped so it doesnt seal properly and when hot leaks oil. warranty issue im in the middle of dealing with warranty with atomik.

Keep us updated, this will be interesting i think..... Also check the inlet manifold bolts, my Nitrous had loose bolts on the engine side of the inlet manifold straight out of the box, which made for low power, bad idle and spluttering, just something else to check. Good luck with the warranty thing.

nah mate im in adelaide, yeah when it was rev hunting a mate and i checked to make sure all intake parts were sealed properly. everything was done up tight intake wise so it wasnt a vacuum leak issue with the manifold>head or carby>manifold. do these motors run a pcv valve? or straight to atmosphere cos if it has a pcv valve the loose valve cover could be creating a vacuum leak so ive been told by a mechanic and from what ive read online about other motors

Latest posts

Back