Postie rebuild

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom_mcg

Reaction score
Hi, I'm rebuilding and chopping a ct90 and a c90. The engines on both bikes have seen better days so I was planning on bolting in chinese pit bike engines as replacements. I'm just wondering what engine will be most suited to the job and which will be the simplest to fit. Also if the chinese engines are road worthy for registration in qld

I've built a CT90 with a Lifan 140 which seems to be a pretty good choice for a road/trail bike. None of the Chinese engines are straight bolt in's. The top bolt will fit if the hole in the engine is drilled out. The bottom hole on the engine does not align with the frame. I used the adapter from DrATV, but was not satisfied with how it came so I modified it and did some welding to make it suit my purposes.

The CT foot pegs can be bent to fit and one of the brackets needs to be moved and welded or you can buy a replacement foot pegs.

Exhaust is interesting. An aftermarket exhaust for a CR can be used, but will block the battery cover. A CT110 exhaust can be modified to fit. CT90 is more difficult. I am currently in the process of building my own 28mm stainless steel exhaust.

Latest posts

Back