powerful engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko110

Reaction score
hey, anybody know what 2 stroke liquid cooled road bike engine no more than 200cc would be the fastest for value. this is for a go kart project.
the 2002 honda nsr 150 SP got my attention as its very fast and small, but i hav been told that they dont have good bottom end power.
does anybody know of any engines that are simular sized and fast for bout same price.
thnks.

yeah most smaller engined two strokes have no arse in them. and i wouldnt sugest using a 2 stroke if the frame is any larger than a road racer because you'll be spending most of your time searchig and fixing crack in your frame

also if the power band kicks in and its ti powerfull it could end up flipping the kart. i would go for a four stroke. they have more bottom end and go just bout a hard as the 2 strokes

also if the power band kicks in and its ti powerfull it could end up flipping the kart. i would go for a four stroke. they have more bottom end and go just bout a hard as the 2 strokes

theres no way you will flip the cart, just spin the wheels

4 stroke carts are boring as shit,you wont some fun,put a kx125 or 250 motor in 1,they fit in good coz there pretty small,heaps of power,make a shifter kart out of it

yea thats my plan, but how and where do i use the clutch and put it. do i really need a clutch for all shifting or just for going into neutral. 4 strokes are bad, i had one no power. would a honda nsr 150 kick more than a kx125

also i wanted to make it paddle shift too, but where does the clutch go

I have a Yamaha DT200. Excellent bottom end power water cooled also with a tasteful power band.

I have also told my self and mates that if i ever smash this bike and the engine is still good that i would put it straight into a Go Kart.

yea havent decided yet, if i dont need to use the clutch when changing up in gear i might put a clutch lever on the steering wheel.
il probly go for an older model yamaha or honda engine, like 1995 or so.
u know how much it would cost me for an old 250cc road bike engine? i dont want to spend over $500.

Latest posts

Back