pp140 or dhz140?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pascal125

Reaction score
hey,
im trying to toss up between the dhz140 and pp140 any1 got cons and pro.s from expieience? thye looks like very similar bikes.. also are they 140's or 138's which are like 127's or something? i mean the 150 on ebay, and i mean the dhz outlaw, i reckon the new dhz looks ugly as, the back is way too high up. and yes, if i did get one of these i would chuck on a decent fastace shock and stuff.
cheers.

the PRO OUTLAW 140 looks so much better than a pitpro IMO,

the 2007 OUTLAW 140CC frame looks bent already, the front fork rake looks all wrong,

id get the pro outlaw, it has fastace already, kenda tires already, looks so much better, its only like 200 extra, and already has the extras you want anyway,

be different and get the Dhz:D pitpros are so yesterday hahaha jks

I've got the basic DHZ 140 what he sells for $800-$850. I've put around 40-50 hours on the bike now and with regular maintenance what consist of cleaning the air filter after each ride and changing the engine oil after ever 3-5 rides I have had no problems as of yet.

The differences between the pp140 and dhz140 are:
*The pp has the extra cradle for more support and also has bolt on engine brackets.
*Different clutch and front brake levers (flip ones)
*DHZ has the cut out ignition cover
*The older DHZ's didnt have the Lifan stamped on the engine casing (the new ones do now)

They are very similar bikes.

Pros:
*PP140 has the extra cradle
*Dhz has the cut out ignition cover
*Dhz usually goes cheaper

Cons:
*Dhz doesn't have the cradle swingarm
*PP have them weak folding clutch and front brake leavers
*Both bikes oil coolers will eventually snap off

I'm happy with my DHZ and I haven't lost a bolt nor "loctite" any bolts so that should be the same for the pp140.
Also DHZ have good after service and have a huge list of parts he sells if something brakes. Feel free to add some more Pros and cons between the two and I will add them up.

Last edited:
Which ever takes your fancy as they are pretty similar. You are better off buying a bike that has the goodies you want rather than upgrading soon after purchase. It works out cheaper and also you have less "problems" like things not fitting.

well i prefer the look of the outlaw and reckon the dhz monster looks pretty ugly, also it has the cheap fastace shock on it that isn't adjustable so i would replace it anyway, i also reckon the pp140 looks pretty mad with some decent graphix, never seen a dhz with graphix, can some1 post 'em up?

well i prefer the look of the outlaw and reckon the dhz monster looks pretty ugly, also it has the cheap fastace shock on it that isn't adjustable so i would replace it anyway, i also reckon the pp140 looks pretty mad with some decent graphix, never seen a dhz with graphix, can some1 post 'em up?

img1147uy9.jpg

whoa! that thing looks mad, i luv the graphix, where is the best place 2 get 'em?
how does the shock and forks hold up?
if i get 1 i'll replace the shock but not sure about the forks as they cost 400 whihc is like 1/2 the cost of the bike..lol

lol, u change the oil every 3-5 rides? how long do ya ride for at a time?
oil should go further than 3 - 5 rides but i guess i just don't change it enouhg on mi bike, mi bike prob ain't worth 20 bux so no use spendin 20 bux on some oil for it, lol

The shock seems fine tho I am only 50-55kgs. The forks are just the elcheapo what are found on most cheap decent bikes. They handle alright but there nothing special. One of the fork seals was leaking a bit but stopped. I would be changing the forks before the shock.

lol, u change the oil every 3-5 rides? how long do ya ride for at a time?
oil should go further than 3 - 5 rides but i guess i just don't change it enouhg on mi bike, mi bike prob ain't worth 20 bux so no use spendin 20 bux on some oil for it, lol

Around 1-3 hours. 4 strokes run extremely hot and when that happens the oil breaks down. Better safe then sorry.

Last edited:
Get the DHZ Monster (the new one), somthing different, and tell us how it goes.

I'm about 50kgs and I still bottom out my jumps, just try to land properly most of the time and its fine.

And yeah I change the oil twice a week, I ride every day and alot of the oil disapears anyway (mostly from when I crash and it pisses out the overflow), doesnt burn any oil though.

u guys are pretty light.. how old r ya's?
i just heard about the new mso's and might wait until they get out before i decide, would be spewing if i got the dhz and a week later an absolutely awesome mso came out for the same price..lol

wat i was thinkin is yeh, get an 85 or 80, but now i reckon i'll get a 140, mod it up and then when im old enough get a 2 stroke 125. i would be big enough for a 125 in a year or 2 so no use gettin an 80 if im gonna want a new bike nto too long after.
plus if i get A's on mi report card for Maths and Science then dad is gonna buy me any bike i want. but its not that simple, i do an enhanced maths and science class so we do like yr 8/9 when we r yr 7 and an a means we hav 2 be well ahead of class. if i do get A's then i'll get dad 2 buy me a new like cr125 and ride a 140 till im big enough to ride the 125...

Latest posts

Back