Premature Happiness

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOFLY

Reaction score
thats exactly what it is i posted in my last thred that my spluttering problem had been solved, well i was wrong the bug is still there the bike starts fine idles nicely feels good under low revs but as soon as i get over a 1/4 throttle it starts spluttering and carrying on im at a loss so i try pulling out engine upgrades irk, oil sling, i totaly pulled carby to pieces cleaned it well re assembled it as per instructions keep in mind i never touched air fuel screw so now bike is in stock condition... No bloody difference, now im ready to burn it, ive not burnt it rather put irk, oil sling back in all i could do at this hour was start it and turn it off midnight neighbours wont like me reving my bike so i cant see if its any better till the morning, What else could it be im LOST could something else be wrong with my engine valves bent cam damaged or something like that... and i broke my alloy kick starter in the process see attached pic:mad:

Attachments

• broken.jpg
    broken.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 90
this may sound stupid but have you checked your fuel hose might be kinked or have you adjusted the needle??

Last edited:
i just read your other thread so its not a kinked fuel line does it feel like it has flat spots?

this may sound stupid but have you checked your fuel hose might be kinked or have you adjusted the needle??

someone suggested that last time so i`ve cable tied the fuel line so that there is definately no kinks in it i moved the clip up or was that down j/k i moved it up one but i cant try it till the morning :confused:

ok mate do u know wat clour your sparkplug is?? if its black move the clip up if its white move the clip down

my mates has the same bike as you had the same problem to fix it we replaced the fuel hose and adjusted teh needle and theer was no flat spots after that

ok mate do u know wat clour your sparkplug is?? if its black move the clip up if its white move the clip down

plug`s black i`ve moved the clip up one but its to late to kick her over now. will let ya know when i get up tomorrow, i thought it might of been a dodgey batch of fuel but my mrs`s and my sons bike are running just fine with the same fuel but theres have no mods either

i recon you will have fixed it by adjusting the needle you may need to clean your plug with a wire brush

Last edited:
i recon you will have fixed it by adjusting the needle

man i bloody hope so its starting to get to me i never rode the bike with the stock engine as soon as i got the bike i seen the 140 lifan and had to have it so i got that put the irk,h/p coil,oil sling,boost bottle,1/4 turn throttle,NOS on before even starting the engine i still have`nt hit the NOS yet as i was still running the engine in and it was running fine up till a couple of weeks ago.

mine was doin it to fixed now i put the clip on the sec last one now she runs the best

thats where my clip was ive moved it up one will try it in the morn

yeh man is the pic of ur bike in ur avator stock?? bet ur bike looks sik as

yeh man is the pic of ur bike in ur avator stock?? bet ur bike looks sik as

my avator pic is my bike when it was a virgin had`nt even been ridin then trying to take some more pics now

my engine is doing the same thing an im also starting to get pissed off i have tried every thing carby adjustment needle adjustment irk timming adjustment so i think its some thing internal
i wanna pull apart the engine an check out the valves but ive been putting it off cause as soon as i go out side im like hmmm maybe ill take the yz out for abit an then pull the 138 apart but i end up staying out riding all day plus im a 2stoke boy i can pull down an rebuild a 2banger easy but never touched a 4stroke

my engine is doing the same thing an im also starting to get pissed off i have tried every thing carby adjustment needle adjustment irk timming adjustment so i think its some thing internal
i wanna pull apart the engine an check out the valves but ive been putting it off cause as soon as i go out side im like hmmm maybe ill take the yz out for abit an then pull the 138 apart but i end up staying out riding all day plus im a 2stoke boy i can pull down an rebuild a 2banger easy but never touched a 4stroke

im hearing ya some of us dont have the luxery of owning multiple bikes so we gotta sweat it out with what we got plus i blew the clutch on my gsx-r 1100 a couple o weeks ago:eek:

you guys should talk to some 4 cycle engine mechanis about this.

I personally think its a vacuym leak, somehwere between the carb slide and the valve. Jetting maybe, try torqueing down the head. Check valve Clearance.

And changew the spark plug. Some plugs that might fire outside of the cobustion chamber, might not fire inside under the pressure from compression.

Possibly something in the ignition system. Magneto and stator, improper clearance between the pick up and the magneto?stator.

These are all possible. Im used and know more about the simple Ohv kart engines i work on alot so im not to sure onw whats happeneing to your engine.

We need mack to chip in here.........

Latest posts

Back