pro taper

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are %100 real and it does say what type they are. :mad:

Yes....they are pro taper se bars hence the big SE sticker on the bars...

hahaha.......they have that too and they are for 30bucks from china!!:p

Attachments

• protaper.jpg
    protaper.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 42
They are fakes.

Be extra careful because the fkaes that were produced a month ago were done very poorly, the cross brace clamps were too big for the bars and would slip if you put pressure on the handlebars causing them to bend outwards.

How do I know this? Because I live in Yongkang China, and used them (without logos) on some bikes. I had to have production stopped and order new clamps for them.

This ebay guy is making a pretty decent profit margin on these too, we have contacted protaper about buying handlebars in the past and for the price this guys selling them for he'd be losing A LOT.

100% fake.

To anyone who buys them and wants to know if they are fake try the scratch test. The protaper and SE logos scrape off quite easy with a penny.

Edit: On the fakes that is.

Edit again: Themountian said 30 from china, if you go direct to the manufacturer of the fakes here you pay more like 10. (USD)

Last edited:
i bought tapers from a honda dealer and the logo is abit scratched off i hope mine a real :(

^ They shouldnt be scratched new, protaper handlebars have "scratch proof" logos that are supposed to not scratch when you wipe out, if they are scratched outa the box then id look into it a lil more.

seven eights
-made with ProTaper AS20™ aerospace aluminum
-scratch and peel-proof “un-sticker” graphics
-most bar models come 800mm wide with a full 200mm each side for controls
-knurled clutch side for secure grip hold
-1/4´´ cut guides to accurately reduce bar width
-Includes high-density foam pad
quoted from protaper site.

Sorry for all the replys, I'm on my way to the factory now, I'll take some pics of the fake protapers here and let you guys compare.

I'll even make a miniriders logo and put it behind the bars. :p

Latest posts

Back