Problem kicking over

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruzen

Reaction score
Hey.. when i go to start my bike cold it has a kicking problem, i go to kick it 1st time or 2nd time it has full compression, but each individual kick its like its loose or something and doesnt get that kicking feeling u know.. its like when u pull the cluch in and kick it but harder it wont go and fire, after about 1 min i catch the kick and give it some throttle and it fires no problem and starts fine and runs well..

can u help me plz thanks!

no no i havent my dad thinks its the clutch adjustment how do i do that?
Thanks

on the clutch perch there is a little adjuster where the cable comes in, relaes the locking thing, round disc with a cut in it and then screw the part the cable sit in in toward the end of the handlebars.
if there isn't any adjustment at this end then at the other end on the motor there will be some nuts on the end of the threaded part of the cable, i'm sure you'll figure it out.

just wana make sure your lever isnt tight, ie engaging the clutch at full release. You want to be able to pull the lever without it pulling the cable but not too much

but the thing is i dont understand is that some times it kicks, and ive tryed to adjuts that leaver at the handel bars so it was basically all freeplay but yet still did it.. give it another try tomorrow

i was kicking my bike earlyer
and i found out first kick it has a good compresstion and kicks over but when i bring it back up and try again it doesnt kick then i bring it back up and it kicks but if i do it fast kick kick kick u cant tell if its gonah kick or not.. so slowly it mucks up on evey second kick but fast, randomly. :S

maybe because it's 4 stroke your kicking it on the none compression stroke so it feels like has no compression because it doesn't, I don't know just my guess.

I reckon you may have a problem with the valves they may be out of wack and not sealing properly which would leave you with no compression

being a for stroke bike you wont have compresion all the time because all the valves are only closed on every second time the piston goes up the cycle goes

on the first stroke down the inlet valves are open wich is when the fuel and air get sucked in

second stroke is when all valves are closed and the piston is on its way up when the piston gets to the top the spark plug fires all the fuel and air explodes

third stroke is when the piston is on its way down again

forth stroke is when the exaust valve is open and the piston is on its way back up again

hope this helps you under stand what the other guy was talkin about

hello

i have the same problem but i dont even get the first kick its as if my clutch is engaged but the lever is out i think my clutch plate fibres are now steels cos i have been practicing drag race take of's in my backyard does anyone know where to get clutch plates or even a clutch manual so i can get in there and find the problem also i need a new clutch gasket cos i broke the other one lol cheers

I had it on my avenger didnt fix it just found a solution, after each kick just pull your clutch in and out..

Latest posts

Back