problem starting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomike07

Reaction score
I've got an 08 pitpro 140xr. everything's stock apart from a unifilter and 105 main jet.

It starts when it's cold after a few kicks and full choke but after riding it for a while with the engine warm/hot it's hard to start again. I have to empty the fuel from the carby every time to get it started. it won't start otherwise.

it seems like the bike is flooding really easily....could it be the float level? or do the valves need adjustment? i've only done about 8 hours riding on her max.

any help would be sick

sounds like you may have damaged floats or even broken pull the bowl off and check it out to eliminate that idea

yeh pull down and check carby (completly strip it) soak and wash it in petrol of use some carby cleaner on it...

check your valves set them at inlet .003 and exhaust .005,clean the fuel filter thats built in to the feuels switch in your tane there should only be 2 allen key screws holding it in....

drain fuel and put a new batch of shell v power init...(clean the tank while its empty)...

or maybe try abit smaller jet as the 105 may be not tuned to your carby put a 102.5 in it and give that a try...

also give the air/fuel mixture screw abit of a play with and see if you can get it tuned abit better but with these so called 30mm mikuni they are very hard to tune as you cant easily ge tthe the air/fuel screw so if you have a spare 100 buks get a 26mm oko carby from dhz or pitpro or ebay the they are easy to tune and it wil give you better performance aswell they are the best 100 to spend on a bike IMO

and clean your air filter and oil it after everyride maybe even every 2nd rid e but not any longer then that and clean your carb about once a month to keep it in top notch performance

Latest posts

Back