problem with 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtbike01

Reaction score
My bike is about a week old, and now its got a problem. Its easy to start my bike from cold, i'l let it warm up then take it for a spin. Probaly about 5mins into the ride in 3rd gear the bike will cut out on me. After that it will be hard to start, or if i get it started it will die within 2 minutes. Or when i manage to get it started the bike will idle very hard with the choke on, then wen i let the choke off it will die. If i leave the choke on it will die on its own. Today i started the bike and let it idle there, and about 5 minutes after letting it there, it will just die on me.
Any ideas on whats wrong with my bike ?
Thanks in advance

what kind of motor/carby has it got?

might be the crank case breather/over flow... having a pinch in it so it will not leak during transport

may also have something to do with the carby/fuel

...I guess it got nothing to do with your carb...its electrical...maybe your CDI is busted or your pickup is loose or dislocated!!;)

the bike is now starting to backfire just before it dies on me. Anyone live in sydney and know a place i can take it to, to fix it ? Or anyone with the experience can fix it them selves for free :)

I'm with you mountain. My old VL does the same thing, once its warm it will cut out and wont start for about 5 minutes and will continue to fuck up after i get it started. Lucky for me I have a new VL what is in mint condition. Like themountain said it its probably your coil pack or maybe your cdi? But more likely you have a dodgey coil

just a few days ago, wen i rode my bike and this thing was happening to me, i had to walk the bike back to my house, and on the way back i got trenched in the rain. When i got home i tried to dry everything i could get to. Then the sun came out and i took it for a test run, then it started to rain and i got trenched again but abit further away from home. I also tried to try everything i could get to. I started the bike the next day it ran fine only until 5 minutes and this thing began to happen.

do you think that the bike getting wet in the rain has something to do with this problem ? Should i just change the carburettor, cdi, and coil so that will eliminate those things ?

anyone else got any ideas what this problem could be ? anyone else experienced this ?

start to change things instead asking the same questions!!;)

if it only happens in the rain it could be three things that i could think of:

water might be leaking in your exaust eighther through the muffleer or if your its because your going through puddles it could be leaking in through the other end of the exaust the bit that it actually connects to the engine, make sure that you tighten both the bolts that connect the zaust to the engine eavanly.

2 it could be leaking in through the gaskets, this happened to my 50; water got in there and after it evaporated the problem would stop until more got in there.

and 3 an obviouse one if you have a uni filter style airfilter the bike may not be able to breath properly.

Hope it helped you out a bit mate.

Brodie

Latest posts

Back