Problem with Carby.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90Gabe

Reaction score
Whenever I turn the fuel tap on fuel comes dripping out of the foam air filter? What have i done wrong? Any help much appreciated.

I found another thread and it said the floats might need to be adjusted. I've taken the bowl off and when i push the floats up it stops the fuel and everything works, however when I put the bowl back on and try it the fuel flows out again.

I found another thread and it said the floats might need to be adjusted. I've taken the bowl off and when i push the floats up it stops the fuel and everything works, however when I put the bowl back on and try it the fuel flows out again.

YouTube - Adjust Float level Maxair Predator Pro Yamaha V Star 1100

Skip to about 3:40. you should get the idea. Sounds like your float is too high. you will need to push the tab (carefully) towards the top of the carb, which should drop the floats down... the floats should be on the same plane as the carb body...

Thanks heaps rumble! Took a fair bit of fiddling but finally problem is solved! And I learnt a whole mess about the carby so maybe it wasnt such a bad thing. Might have a play with the jetting now and see if I cant get a little ore out of it. Thanks again rumble!

Latest posts

Back