Problems bleeding rear brakes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey have you tried laying the disk on a flat surface and seeing if its not laying flat or if one part of the disk seems thicker then the rest of it?

I was going to take it off and check, but I tried to undo one of the hex bolts holding it on but its tight as a camels arse, I couldn't get it off. I will get the impact drill onto it tonight and check it out.

Cheers

Finally made some progress.

I decided to take the wheel of my other pitty (same size) and put that on my new DHZ. And the problem is gone. So that tells me that either the wheel or the disc on the DHZ is out of shape. Im going to take the disc off tomorrow and try to straighten it up with an adjustable wrench. If that doesn't work I will get a new wheel.

Awesome! i thought it could be a factory buckle in the rim or faulty disk glad to hear you found the problem

Cheers Andrew

Thought I would post the final fix to the problem in case anyone else has these symptoms and can't work it out.

The problem was a slightly bent disc.

I still do not understand why it rubbed all the way around, it doesn't make sense to me, cause it was only bent in one area about 5-10cm wide. I used an adjustable wrench to straighten it out, and now there is no rubbing, its sweet.

Also I took the bike for its first ride on the weekend after fixing it. Hit some mud trails. Went awesome. It has cancelled out all the problems I had with the DHZ initially (cracked banjo bolt causing oil leak, faulty rear brakes, bent disc), and how pissed off I was with it. Im starting to like it now lol

Attachments

• 163032_1604156456455_1012410560_31677418_8301686_n.jpg
    163032_1604156456455_1012410560_31677418_8301686_n.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 12
Awesome mate glad to hear your bike is going good

Cheers Andrew

Latest posts

Back