problems with my fuel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacky4

Reaction score
problems with my fuel flow..

i have a crf50 06 model and i notice that wen i turn the fuel on petrol doesnt run through my carby and i turn to res and it does so i gave the carby a full clean jets etc put bak together stil same problem then took my petrol tank off and turned fuel to on and doesnt come out so i dont no know wat to do from here as i dont know much about how the fuel cap works etc help me out pleassee :)!

Last edited:
just had another look today and put a full tank in and turn the fuel on it went throw then it gets just under half a tank and stops this is very werid and stupid!! please help me out wen i got the bike didnt do this

ye wel i turn it to reserve its go good flow then slows down gets slower and slower where wen i turn to on its good as flow til under half a tank it just stops stupid as somthin from wit the cap thingy or? wat can i do

hmmmm maybe get a new fuel tap? maybe have to get a china one , or if you get a OEM honda one which would probably cost a bit...

i was talking to DHZ a while bak and they said they got plenty of them in stock .. if you chucked them a email they could probably do one cheeeep.

ye wel i turn it to reserve its go good flow then slows down gets slower and slower where wen i turn to on its good as flow til under half a tank it just stops stupid as somthin from wit the cap thingy or? wat can i do

,when the tank is full (3 litres)it's designed to run with the fuel tap switched to the ON position and then when the level in the tank reaches 0.9 litres it will only run with the tap turned to reserve...when the fuel level is at half a tank switch it to reserve

other than that take the fuel cock out of the tank and check the 2 mesh cylinders are'nt blocked...

wel i took the mesh off today swished it around in turps then put the tap on real fast water and then used the compressure on it and ye put all bak on stil the same get good flow with res thn turn to on and stops grr

its a long shot but try it with the cap off and see if its different. if it is the fuel cap breather hose is not working.

ye done that took cap off and stil happens

lol nah i no wats on and off and res top i think i solved the problem mayb i took for a ride and rode for abit half an hr with the tap on so ye think it need the fuel to be pumped throw by the motor/carby anyways does any1 know how to perfectly tune crf50s? any vids or anyhtin

Latest posts

Back