Problems with pitpro 138cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deon.jacob

Reaction score
I have recently just purchased a PITPRO 138cc after reading all the good plugs it was getting on this site, i also own a Aomik Pro-x 125cc. I have follwed all the good advice and run it in for for a whole day and a couple of tanks of petrol and it was running sweet. Took it out today for its second run only to find i am having major problems. Starts fine and runs smooth but after about 3-4 mins of going hard the motor splutters and cuts out and will not start until it has rested. Then starts fine and does the same thing. I recently place a fuel filter between the on/off fuel switch and the carbi. Thought that might have been the problem but removed filter and went back to original system but i am still having same problem. I have noticed fuel driping constantly out of one of the clear pipes that run from the carbi when the motor cuts out, it seems to me that is not getting enough fuel or to much????? any body got any good ideas on what might be wrong???? , also need a new throtle cable for my atomik pro-x whats the best cable to get that will fit the original throtle??:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
hey mate i had the same problem...i just took it to the local mechanic and told em to tune up the carbie...Now its fuken sweet and keeps up with a kx80:D tune up only set me bak $70 but was worth it... You problem is carbie related...It seems to me that the carbies were tuned properly while in the factory coz it is a problem with the 138 pp's so it must be a factory mishap:D

Dude its just pissing out the fuel on the over flow line, Follow the line to the carby and there will be a screw, Screw that screw all the way in, wallah no more
dieing bike..

yeah franky is right there is a screw near that flow line just screw it in an it will be fine

You guys are wicked, will try screwing in the over flow screw and see how we go, will let you know!!!

the same thing happened to me so it will work have fun on your new ride:)

yea well i want to no same things

i want to no ware i can get a 138cc motor for my 125cc pitpro i want my 125 to be alot faster how can i do this i was going to get a new carb if u no how i can get my 125cc pitpro faster send me a mess

i want to no ware i can get a 138cc motor for my 125cc pitpro i want my 125 to be alot faster how can i do this i was going to get a new carb if u no how i can get my 125cc pitpro faster send me a mess

dont get a 138, most of them are just 127cc anyway so it wouldnt be much different. try dhzdirect on ebay, he has genuine lifan 140cc engines for $299 (without delivery).

I have recently just purchased a PITPRO 138cc after reading all the good plugs it was getting on this site, i also own a Aomik Pro-x 125cc. I have follwed all the good advice and run it in for for a whole day and a couple of tanks of petrol and it was running sweet. Took it out today for its second run only to find i am having major problems. Starts fine and runs smooth but after about 3-4 mins of going hard the motor splutters and cuts out and will not start until it has rested. Then starts fine and does the same thing. I recently place a fuel filter between the on/off fuel switch and the carbi. Thought that might have been the problem but removed filter and went back to original system but i am still having same problem. I have noticed fuel driping constantly out of one of the clear pipes that run from the carbi when the motor cuts out, it seems to me that is not getting enough fuel or to much????? any body got any good ideas on what might be wrong???? , also need a new throtle cable for my atomik pro-x whats the best cable to get that will fit the original throtle??:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sounds like your a bit of shit is stopping your needle closing off the fuel into the bowl and it is flooding. Just pull your carb apart and blow it all out with a compressor, put the fuel filter back on and then put the carb back together

The carbs are pretty simple

use this to help you put it back together correctly.

http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf

Last edited:
mjc85 ,
i think that is it , yeh start bike , crap sitting in the float bowl , it get sucked up near the jet , restricts the fuel flow at high rmp , DIE , and then goes back down after it sits , and is fine , so yeh get the carby cleaned out , usualy happens to new bikes when they drill stuff out in the tank and doesnt get cleaned out.

let us know if its fixed.

agree dirt sticking in needle and seat causing flooding make sure when fueling bike use a funnel with srceen to keep the crap out.

does your pitpro have that fake carbon fibre stuff on the tank? mine did and some of it was actually around the inside of the tank near the filler and it was flaking away and ended up in the carby... ran like shit till i cleaned it all out... it was everywhere, in the main jet, in the emulsion tube, in the pilot jet, in the floats needle valve, and heaps in the bottom of the bowl

so deon is the bike running ok now?:S

Latest posts

Back