Proper setup

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westinghouse

Reaction score
Right, haven't been riding in a while but I'm about to buy a ute so I'll be able to get the bike where ever I want, so I need to get it setup properly.

I've been looking at new forks and shock, and was wondering what length forks I should get. I was scraping pegs with the stock forks on my DPRO160 so I was thinking if I have to put sliders on I should get the longer 730mm or 735mm for a bit of extra clearance. The forks I was considering were Fastace AS-01RCP 730mm (comes with brake setup which I need too), DNM M200 735mm (comes with a 310mm HRC DNM Shock) or the GPX forks from DHZ (also comes with brake setup). What are peoples thought on those? Anyone have any of these setups?

Thanks
Ash

I'm finding that with motard riding it's not nearly as hard on suspension as dirt. I'm usuin. Dnm all round and find it ok. The only thing I played with last practice was fork height. I've got a midsize KLX style with 735mm forks

Make you need to hang of the bike like a monky - that allows the bike to stay more upright and then you have let peg scraping and better traction! Just look at Pete or Ron when they circle around!

Thanks Rumble, I think the DPRO is about the same size. I think I'll get the fastace forks cause I really need the decent brake setup and I'll look into a DNM rear shock. It will be doing a little dirt stuff too.

I do hang off, but in the quest to go faster the more clearance the better. You been out lately Londin? My first day back should be the 5th of March.

Latest posts

Back