pros and cons of SX250 PITPRO

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitpro man

Reaction score
personaly i dont thing its worth upgrading from a pitpro 140 to a pitpro 250 as there wont be a hell of alot of difference in power save 1800 or so and get a 2nd hand jap 250 or somthing china 250's are a waste of time and go like sh!t

Personally I think they are a good bike for the money. I have seen them go on ebay for around $800.

I have owned a 250 china before, and they are quite reliable if maintained and go quite well. Obviously not as fast as a Jap counterpart, but it depends what you want to do with it. I think it would be quite ok for a bit of steady paced trail riding, or even the odd squirt around the track.

yer this is just for around the farm n stuff not for mamoth jumps.
So do you think that if i can git it for round $800 i should get it.

the china 250s go ok but its how long they go for and how they still feel good for, id save up just a bit more and go buy a older kx125 or something, obviosly your choosing a old second hand bike over a brand new bike for half the price but it will be better in the long run id say, plus a kx125 will chop all over a china 250

PItpro SX250

I've had my pp250 for about 12 months now.
Overall it is a very good value for money buy.
I agree with some of the comments about performance but have put mine against friends bikes and, although a bit slower in the top end, have never been too dissapointed with it's performance and always had alot of fun.
Most of my rides have been in the hills of Apollo Bay and i have constantly pushed it and taken it where "No man has been before". It has held up well.
It is also fairly light, nimble and responsive on the Gas.
The push button start is excellent aswell. As my mates are trying to kick over their XR's in compromising situations on very steep hills i just whack it into nuetral, press the button and off i go!
Quality wise, you get what you pay for, but i dont put it in any uncompromising situations (probably not the most reliable bike to jump), as frame quality could be suspect over time.
If you do get a SX250, just like any other pit pro, do the locktight thing. Every bolt out, locktighted and back in as things do tend to shake loose (engine excepted).
Keep an eye on this ovr time aswell.
If you want a bike that is almost full size and dont want to part with Japanese style cash, go for it!

get a jap man. save that little extra it will be worth it. ull spend a bit of money every so often on keeping the china in good condition and you'll have to be careful going ova jumps and shit whereas you dont worry on jap bikes because they are very reliable and well built and last for yonks

I have 2 china 250s (the atomik and the tomahawk) they go fine, ive ridden on a few tracks and taken them over a few small jumps without any major problems. If you can get it for $800 id say buy it becasue thats a little less than what i payed for mine.

In the wost case scenario if you dont like it just chuck it back up on ebay as "New" with only a couple hours on the motor and you should get close to your money back. Thats the mentality i had when i purchased mine :)

ok personally i think if ur serious about it then u should probably save a bit more and get a jap but if u have had little or no experience on a bigger bike then i think these would be excellent as a starting point the main thing is the suspension on these (i found out the hard way on my ddr200) u need 2 have good suspension else u will be constantly breaking things and both the bikes the pitpro and the atomik look like they both have good suspension atleast fair suspension. and as ajh00 sed make sure u locktite everything just as u would with any other bike. so long as u are not doing anyjumps ova 60 ft with decent suspension on these bikes the u should be fine.

I own an SX 250 and it quite comfortably blows away a Honda XR 250 in a drag. I would recommend this bike as I have never had any reliability issues and it starts first time every time. the only downside is that the front suspension doesnt have enough clearance or travel, but you can work around that.

Latest posts

Back