protaper 3d (tri density) grips review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mitch, All 7/8th bars are 22mm O.D (out diameter) and the high ther scale the bigger they are for example 11/10 bars are 29mm (thats not accurate just making an example)

these grips are the bomb. i have used them for MX, SX, and 2 day enduros. i have broken both my wrists and was using the pro-grip tri-compound, but the waffle on them was giving me cramps in my fingers. these grips are in a league of their own. highly highly highly recomend them. only reason i went renthal kevlar on my crf50 was because that bike might spend a bit more time on its side.

I just have never seen a honda with pro tapers.
and most people have said "get rid of those stock bars, put renthals on"
what would you recommend?

Reminds me of when I had my white and red Yamaha Pw50 (I was pretty young). And I was going to put number '29' on it because I saw most of the other white and red yamaha's racing with number '29' in the magazines..

Just measure your bars and go buy some... I can't remember what bars I ran on my cr80.. Don't think they were renthals?

Get the Renthal's, Tag would be my option #2... Poo Taper if you have too.

I dunno why the mini community love the Poo Taper's so much... I find them a little overrated personally :)

Mind you, at the end of the day they're all good bars, look at all three brands and buy on price ;)

I like the death grips, there heaps soft, really good for long rides.

Ive ordered Protaper synergy's, it will be interesting how they stack up.

Last edited:
I have the Pro tapers on the clutch side and a poxy standard full waffel grip on the throttle due to not having upgraded it yet. There is no comparison. The tri density grip is awesome!
oldhack.

I dunno why the mini community love the Poo Taper's so much... I find them a little overrated personally :)

Mind you, at the end of the day they're all good bars, look at all three brands and buy on price ;)

Answered your own question.

Just got the Pro Taper Synergy grips they look great with the anti-blister rubber donuts.

The only downside is that they have hardly got a grip pattern. I reckon ill be gone riding in the wet. Haha

Might grab some Tri density grips and ill see how they go. :p

Latest posts

Back