provert backfireing??? shooting flmaes watch the vid!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t.luisetto

Reaction score
My mates provert is backfireing he just got it back from the shop we went for a ride and it was fine then the next day was spluttery as all hell and didnt want to work properly, it was backfireing and shooting flames from the exaust.

Any help would be great! we have no idea how to fix...

YouTube - provert backfireing like a champ!

im not sure if it will fix the problem but you could try pullin out the needle and seat and moving the clip up or down a slot and se if that will help

im not sure if it will fix the problem but you could try pullin out the needle and seat and moving the clip up or down a slot and se if that will help

what do u mean...? I dont have a whole heap of knowlege bout this...

I know how to tare down and put back a carby and that bout it...

I did a search on the problem and ive come up with either the copper O ring in the zorst, too much fuel and an air leak somewhere....

Any other ideas would be great and if you could explain a bit more roost666 that'd be great...!

This sounds like a leak in the exhaust to me. if you run the bikes without an exhaust on them they pop flames. i would say maybe that is your answer have a look at the flange on the exhaust manifold. Is your exhaust clean or blowing smoke. that may tell you also if its a mixture problem.

me i would tend to think it was valve clearance issue
tho i may be wrong

how to fix this?

wait till some 1 who knows what there on about comes along
works for me every time

best of luck

sell it to me cheap, that will fix the problem..

i've always wanted a provert

me i would tend to think it was valve clearance issue
tho i may be wrong

how to fix this?

wait till some 1 who knows what there on about comes along
works for me every time

best of luck

any1 know what there talikng about??

Ill be working on it this weekend...

so any tips would be awesome!!!

what do u mean...? I dont have a whole heap of knowlege bout this...

I know how to tare down and put back a carby and that bout it...

I did a search on the problem and ive come up with either the copper O ring in the zorst, too much fuel and an air leak somewhere....

Any other ideas would be great and if you could explain a bit more roost666 that'd be great...!

On your needle and seat the bit that opens up when you twist your throttle....if you pull it apart there will be a little clip on the needle and i think 5 slots that you can select from move it up or down then reassemble and se if your problem persist im not totally sure this is your problem tho check what the other guys said and if still happening try what ive suggested

looks awsome !! but doesnt sound healthy it mite be running rich? my 110 backfires coming bak down thro the revs but no were as bad as that are u using a standard spark plug? maybe sumthing rong with stator plate?

using the standard NGK plug that comes with it...

and where is the stator plate??

its behind the cover where your left foot sits on the peg. usually has provert or otherwise writen on it.

did it just start doing it all of a sudden or u got it like that?

fuk005.jpg

cheers guys for all the help!

wasnt the stator cover, was the carby.

I gave it a clean and still shit, chucked on my spare and still shit, then got a brand new 30mm and she runs like a dream!! ;)

Thanks again!!

hey i had the same problem. check the plugs connecting to the coil mine were loose causeing it to backife and splutter.

Latest posts

Back