ps3 vs xbox360

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roost666

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
ok im buying either a xbox360 or ps3 ive only played an xbox 360 and quiet impressed by it but i have never played a ps3.....i have been a sony man for a long time so im thinking ps3 wat do you guys reckon i should go for :D and what are the pros and cons of the 2

Better get your facts right before hand. Spec wise, the Xbox is a much more powerful machine (and believe me it does show). You obviously weren't playing the Xbox in it's highest res cause they are brilliant. I would prefer the Xbox anyday. Especially when playing online.

Only 3 or 4 good games?? Are you f(*&^in kiddin me?? I could sit here and list at least 20-30 games. Playstaion have just as many kids games too!! And to say the gears of war is a kiddies game????

Xbox have not had ANY problems since the inital power packs overheating on the very first batch and there were only a limited number affected. PS3's have also had a similar issue's that have been covered up. I know at least 3 units that have been returned.

The ONLY thing PS3 has on Xbox, is the blueray. PS3 are also quite a bit more expensive along with all accessories.

It's really a personal decision mate. I wouldn't right off Xbox at all.

PS: NBA2k9 looks 10 times better on Xbox!!!

ya a mate is on his 3rd xbox console cause they keep stuffing up, ya motoxxx i have already got a sweet tv on the go pick up thursday next week aswell as what ever console i decide to get......im am fairly into shoot em up games but just as much into sport games to im kinda an allrounder so to speak lol......and i wont be gamin on line cause i only have wireless bradbrand on me laptop.....but thanks fellas this is the sort of info im after keep it commin:D

You seriously want me too cause I could easily!!

Ahh Xbox have all of those games!! lol. Good luck competing with EA. They have only being doing sport games since around 93.

Do some research on the specs, you will be surprised. Xbox haven't even begun to use the full power of the unit. Sony has hit the limit already.

Looks at the sales figures for each (besides the fact WII are killing both of them). They will tell you something too. Almost double the amount of Xboxes have been sold to Playstaions. There are 100,000 people out there that agree with me!!

October NPD: Sales for Xbox 360, Sony PS3, Wii and More : Product Reviews Net

They are more expensive just cause they have Sony written on them NOT because of quality.

Why is it better?? In what way?? You have made no sound points as to why they are better (except Blueray).

ya a mate is on his 3rd xbox console cause they keep stuffing up, ya motoxxx i have already got a sweet tv on the go pick up thursday next week aswell as what ever console i decide to get......im am fairly into shoot em up games but just as much into sport games to im kinda an allrounder so to speak lol......and i wont be gamin on line cause i only have wireless bradbrand on me laptop.....but thanks fellas this is the sort of info im after keep it commin:D

If you like your shooting games go Xbox for sure. Otherwise you can't play Halo 3 or Gears Of War 2 (the 2 best shooters out there). All sport games are much of a muchness and they all come out on both.

i can see why xbox360 are beating them in sales because they were released long before ps3

PS3 can do a lot more than XBOX.
PS3 has awesome online gaming which is FREE...unlike XBOX where u have to pay for it.
You can use internet, store music, movies, pictures and the games are awesome.
PS3 is the only console that has Blu-Ray! so you get more out of a PS3.
Go the PS3.
Wii is fun too. But only with other people.

^^^^hhhmmm i like the sound of free online gamin may have to look at ditching the wireless lol

i had this choice before and chose the 360

the 360 has online gaming but you have to pay for it, but you get what you pay for! dont be cheap.

you can load musicc, pictures and videos on it aswell

also it has more games, the main games are on both consoles.

graphics wise, xbox is better (my opinin) but thats only if you play it on the highest quality and hd tv with hdmi, both consoles with 1080p and 1080i. the graphics on both consoles are pretty much the same

360 has better controls, bit bigger but more comfy

all ps3 has is blueray and if you want blueray player go buy one!

Last edited:
dam its gettin hard to choose lol......im just a bit worried about the xbox360 purely because of the trouble my mate has had with his.....hes on his 3rd console and the other 2 have been sent away to be fixed and that was months ago......i haven't heard much about defects for the ps3 can any 1 enlighten me

^^^ my 360 just f####d up 2 days ago the 3 red rings they call it.. the problem is they overheat but its a cheap fix if you do it your self $40 and takes an hour to fix...mind you i give it a good beating for nearly two years before any problems

I have both (had the 360 for a fair while and got the ps3 free with a new tv)
the Ps3 is more powerfull and has a blu-ray player built in which is why it's dearer but i think the ps3 on line is total shit and I hate the dinky little controller.
even though you have to pay for xboxlive (80$ a year I think) It is way better than ps3 online.But there is the red ring of death problem.I still prefer the xbox

But thats just my opinion.
If you have a 1080p tv then the blu-ray on the ps3 is worth considering movies on blu-ray look amazing.
also what do all your mates have? If a majority have one or the other then you should think about going with that one so you can swap games and play online together.
I don't think you can go too wrong with either one.

DAMM right i have a ps3 and it is awsum i also have a 42inch LCD TV so i can get the best of it

- yes the xbox 360 is more powerful but ps3 have the better games and better feel 2 it im not saying xbox360 is shit just not as gwd as ps3

-i am 15 and played every console in my life time and the ps3 is the best of all of them =P

go a wii

there fun as

and got heaps of cool shoot em up games

the raceing is awsome

the only let down would be the graphics but as a moto rider who really gives a shit

trust me get the misses around and all her friends for a mario kart session they'll love it

but when it comes to the crunch give me the original nes anyday duck hunt is awsome

I had an Xbox 360. Packed up on me within 24 hours. Sent it away, got a new one and 2 days later. Guess what came up? Red Ring. Sent it away, got a new one. A week later, it packed up again with the red light. Once again, I sent it away with a LETTER OF COMPLAINT. Got a new one and within 1 hour it packed up. Bought a new television, replaced all the wires and fuses and got a new Xbox sent out. It worked for 6 months, until the red rings came up again.

I then got my money back, added a little extra and bought a bloody PS3. Hallelujah! It works. No problems at all. Brilliant controller, brilliant graphics, superb games and great fun online especially with Call of Duty with all my friends.

I've got a 52" 1080p LCD. The graphics for that basketball game are immense. Looks almost like real TV where they're playing.

Playstation 3 -- it's the way to go.

The only downside of PS3 is the controllers for 1 reason only. The springs in the R2 and L2 buttons get soft after playing lots of GTA IV (or any other game where you hold R2 to drive or whatever).
But the upside is that it has motion sensing...so you can steer by tilting the controller and stuff :p

Played both, Xbox kills PS3,

and ive never heard of this red ring problem. But then again i dont play for hours....

i have a ps3 n its sweet as very good for shootin games, sport games n driving/moto games so it is the pick of them...i have metal gear solid 4 n its sweet as!!i also have wwe 08, motorstorm, gran tourismo prologue, medal of honour air borne,Colin McRae Dirt,FIFA 08,FIFA 09 n ratchet & clank tools of destruction n all of these games r sik. the graphics r amazing!!! i also want 2 get MX vs ATV untamed!!!u can also go on the internet if u have broadband n play online also u can load up music, photos, videos etc... the ps3 is definately the best gaming console out n shits over xbox360... dont get a plasma TV becaus they get wrecked from gaming consoles get a LCD TV cause mine is sikk on my 42'' samsung LCD TV

Latest posts

Back