put new carby on

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmo1980

Reaction score
today i got a chance to put the new carby on my bike

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

no room for the air filter because the manifold is too big :mmph: i could wait till tomorrow and buy a carby spinner then i had a thought ;)

check my wifes bike she has a smaller manifold :hmmm: i wonder

so i pull the manifold and carby off her bike and the new carby and manifold back off my bike

then i decide to just give her the new carby as i cant be stuffed taking two identical carbys off different manifolds and swapping them over

put new carby and manifold on her bike

sdc11761.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

now she is happy and loves me more :action-smiley-031::thumbup:

put her carby and manifold on my bike

sdc11758h.jpg

now im stoked it fits:cheeky-smiley-031:

a quick test ride around the backyard [feathering the throttle in second gear as yard is too small] seems to have made a huge difference in power from the old carby

sdc11764u.jpg

i was going to use the manifold that held this carby on there but the hole in it is heaps smaller than the opening of this carby maybe this one just needed a more open manifold but i dont care now ive got a bigger carb and my wife has a new carb

and just to top the day off we all piled in the commodore and drove out to appin its only down the road 10 mins from my place [didnt take bikes though i dont have riding boots or jersey so cant ride there that sucks:blah:] to let the kids watch and to get them used to the noise.
cheers

the next step will be to replace this muffler

sdc11760p.jpg

with one like this one

photo0554w.jpg

i know its only a stock muffler and alot of you guys have probably thrown them in the bin when you replace them but i like the sound they make
and there is a good chance someone will just give me one so i can get rid of that horrible sounding thing on my bike;)
cheers

get rid of that pod filter on ya bike mate or you will dust the motor, and the other air filter looked dry, if so whack some foam filter oil on it or just grab two 38mm foam air filters but def oil them dude, and grab a fuel filter for ya gals bike. good stuff mate thanks for the pics.

Last edited:
thanks for the advice rotn50 i accidently put a hole in the foam filter that came with the carby trying to squeeze it into position on my bike it was one of those ofset ones and just wouldnt fit with the frame i need to find a smaller style

and ill pickup a fuel filter today if im near a shop

Latest posts

Back