Quad bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch_cats

Reaction score
I know were not supposed to write "what bike for me threads" anymore but there's not much advice on quads so just wondering what's a good one for under $1000. Looking at anything 80cc and above.

This is not so much a review just my experiences with one built at the same factory as the Orion bikes
When i got my quad i looked at two both under $1000 a farm and a sport
The farm quads are generally a bit bigger and have racks front and rear and can take 2 riders at a time (i.e.) 1 adult and 1 child or 2 children
I’m not sure if they are geared differently between farm and sport but my farm is geared internally and externally the same my bike just no fourth
i went with a 125cc semi auto 4 speed 3 forward 1 reverse farm quad that cost $730.00 picked up
They all generally have a governor on them (that lasted all of 2 weeks before the kids could handle full power)
My quad has a smaller petrol tank than the pit bikes not sure if this is for all quads tho
It’s now 6 months old or around 50 hours
The repaired or replaced parts and faults are as follows
After a month of owning it the kids complained that the thumb throttle hurt on long rides, so we converted it to twist throttle and it’s been allot better
Coil earth wire solder was not done properly and came off as quad was flipped
I have had a lot of trouble keeping the rear cog in true alignment with the front cog, from bad factory alignment
Additional nuts on chain adjusters to share the strain, as it gets taken on small jumps
Front and rear cogs along with chain due to excessive wear from incorrect alignment
Head gasket blown out around the inlet valve to oil gallery seal
Front left stub axle bolt sheared due to previous collisions but sheared on a flat track and caused a flip
Front right stub axle sheared just past factory weld due to a collision
Front bushes are basically hose pipe that has deteriorated very quickly and is due for replacement
Front wheel alignment can change very easily due to deterioration of bushes
All three shockers are starting to have a little too much sag but for cheap basic non adjustable shocks they have held up surprisingly well
Battery has just been replaced
Rear axle bolts constantly coming loose after only short rides and nuts are torqued up by leg preassure, thread lock is a must on these
Excessively long rear brake hose that can touch the exhaust and then burn through the hose
Headlights are not a very bright wattage from factory

Latest posts

Back