Question for Woods11

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutters

Reaction score
Wood11,

Would just like to ask you a question regarding your Pitster Pro that you poster on the 'official post pics of your bike thread' here on the 28th May 09 - http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-chat/9549-official-post-pics-your-bike-thread.html

Mate, I also have a the LX. Just wondering what the V2 head is that you speak of? And the cost of such a thing.

I also noticed you added a pod to the carby rather than utilizing the more protectice airbox. Do yyou find this adds more power, and have you had any issues with water or dust?

Overall, how have you found the bike? I have had a few niggling annoying issues to begin with, hopefully they are all sorted now. Am getting used to the thing now, having come off big bikes, and starting to love it.

Cheers for any input you can give dude...

eeeek!! That is an expensive upgrade!

Any opinions? Worth it?

if you need more power. then yes probably the best upgrade you can do to a Yx engine.

then theres the bigger bores , which go into some high numbers!

Ha! Thanks for prompting me to ebay! I better stay away tho. At that price I will sit on it for a little longer. Dont need more power that bad at this stage, give it a few months I think...

Cheers dude.

I'm sure I have also seen big bore kits for these motors too boost them up to 199cc :eek:

I'm sure I have also seen big bore kits for these motors too boost them up to 199cc :eek:

Yer thats what i was saying before , but your better off upgrading the head to a V2 before you go any bigger in bore.

For the LX I would suggest just the TB V2 head and an OKO 28mm carb which is what my LX runs. Worth every penny in my opinion as is very easy to kick over and reliable.

The RX runs the 184 which is a beast of a motor but can be hard to kick and will shred your clutch.

The LX has been an awsome bike so far. I am using the pod filter as it makes carb removal for jetting and cleaning easier but on wet, muddy days i use the airbox. I think PitsterPro did a test and found the pod gave more power but i didn't notice any difference between the two.

Latest posts

Back