Quick poll- got some cash what should i buy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one is better value

• Blitz 250

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Pro XR 250

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tommahawk G4 Hummer 250

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafe

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just sold my cr 125 and i`ve got a bit of cash to blow on a couple minis. Ive been doing my homework and have narrowed down my selection to a couple of bikes. Im looking at purchasing 2 bikes, one 250cc and one either 125 or 140cc. I have read the thread on the Tommahawk G4 Hummer but havent heard much about the others. If anyone would like to pass on any information that would be really helpfull such as pros and cons. I am also looking at getting the bike rec regoed so if a certain bike can not be registered then please inform me, or alternatively if one is easier to rec rego then let me no also.

Here are some links to the bikes i was thinking of

NEW 2008 250CC TOMAHAWK KX pit dirt trail motor bike - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Jan-08 19:45:00 AEDST)

NEW ATOMIK BLITZ 250CC PIT DIRT TRAIL MOTOR BIKE - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Jan-08 20:45:00 AEDST)

NEW ATOMIK PROXR 250CC PIT DIRT TRAIL MOTOR BIKE THUMP - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Jan-08 21:00:00 AEDST)

If you have heard anything or own one of these please do let me know either by pm or post a reply.

at the moment i am leading towards the 250 Pro XR

thanks guys.

Last edited:
lol save some money and buy a jap 250 dont waste ur money on this crap

yeah i agree with these boys. i dont have a bike of my own, just yet. but i ride a mates CR 85 and another mates orion 125. and the CR is way better fun. not to mention quality.
so did you sell your CR125?

Dude none of these ones. I didnt have alot of money, not enough to buy a jap bike anyway, so i reckon go for a Pitpro 250 they are much better quality than this shit. Now people dont argue with me and say it is crap but its the best of all 250 chinese bikes in my opinion

they are all shit bikes, just use the money and get a 250f. save a little more. believe me, i rode one of these gay bikes, thumpstars feel faster, and u have more fun on a crf50. DONT DO IT!!!

oh and if u wanna import mini. i sugest sticking it with a crf59 and spending ALOT of money u will never get back. or getting a pitpro140xr-150 or a pitboss 138cc-110cc or a mso(any of there range is good)

Last edited:
run from the big chinese bikes mate. it will feel like you have strapped a saddle on a goat and riding that. cr125 to this? you will regret it

dont get any 250cc china but for the 140 dont get a 125 140 are about the same price and got alot better get a dhz 140,mso 140or pitpro 10there all under 1000, dhz under 850 and so is pitpro but the pitpro 140 and 150xr arnt

Hey guys, i just sold my cr 125 and i`ve got a bit of cash to blow on a couple minis. Ive been doing my homework and have narrowed down my selection to a couple of bikes. Im looking at purchasing 2 bikes, one 250cc and one either 125 or 140cc. I have read the thread on the Tommahawk G4 Hummer but havent heard much about the others. If anyone would like to pass on any information that would be really helpfull such as pros and cons. I am also looking at getting the bike rec regoed so if a certain bike can not be registered then please inform me, or alternatively if one is easier to rec rego then let me no also.

Here are some links to the bikes i was thinking of

NEW 2008 250CC TOMAHAWK KX pit dirt trail motor bike - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Jan-08 19:45:00 AEDST)

NEW ATOMIK BLITZ 250CC PIT DIRT TRAIL MOTOR BIKE - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Jan-08 20:45:00 AEDST)

NEW ATOMIK PROXR 250CC PIT DIRT TRAIL MOTOR BIKE THUMP - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Jan-08 21:00:00 AEDST)

If you have heard anything or own one of these please do let me know either by pm or post a reply.

at the moment i am leading towards the 250 Pro XR

thanks guys.

If you get the KX hummer now - it will come with the 14kw OHC engine.
Perfomance will be slightly less than your 125 CR - although it is a heavier full size bike.

The good news is you can get a beefed up H/C replacement engine from the Phillipines - which will punch the output up to about the same as the Honda XR 250. The quality of these bikes isn't up to Jap level - but they are cheap to own and buy replacement parts for.

If however you intend to race against full on 32KW Jap and European MX's - you wont win much!

Coming from a point of view of actually owning 2 G4 Hummers rather than blind freddy views which appears to be most of above, I have had a chain link break and gear selector bent both of which are very easy to fix and cost a total of ~$40.

I couldn't be happier with both of my purchases and unless I wanted to blow a fair whack of money on a jap bike which I don't.

There is an excellent Hummer thread on here which is worth a look, niggly problems and fixes so IMHO it's the way to go.

Edit: Added more info.

Last edited:
i have a 225 yamaha and a 125 motovert and reckon that the mototverts fun but the yamaha is such better quality. you should have kept ur cr125 or buy a mototvert. or genuine thumpstar. MSO is pretty good as well.

Latest posts

Back