Race CDi

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they just improve your power curve and most of them remove the rev limiter.

I'd like to add something I found quite interesting about this rev limiter thing. It has been mentioned once in one of the threads that the Chinese CDI does not have a rev limiter. At that time, I quietly doubted the claim pending further research but I now fully agree that I wish I could find that thread to give credit to that community member of ours who said that.

Here's how I found out. I bought a Kitaco ignition coil and a Daytona CDI. My engine fired up instantly and found improved power all throughout the range and the infamous rev limit was gone. However, after a few rides, I couldnt start the engine until I decided to trace back one part at a time with the CDI first. Mounting back the original CDI, it fired and as I rode the bike around, the same improved power was there and still no rev limit at all.

I now deduce the rev limit comes from the coil, and not the CDI.

EDIT: Found the post on who said China bikes dont have rev limiters. I shouldve known! It was Scott himself who knew and shared the info. Here it is: http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7635

Im talking about that black CDI measuring approx 6.5cm x 2.5cm (LxW). Might not be the same as other original CDI's for China bikes though.

Last edited:
thats very interesting indeed. good to know though, i think i am going to invest in a kitako super coil :D..

Cheers, Tony.

so getting a coil would improve my ducar.

Yes, I believe so. The engines got more punch throughout the range. It didnt change the power band curve but it felt like its more packed with a little more power throughout due to what I imagine is a more positive spark.

With a good CDI, I'd expect a shift in power band and more torque at that particular range depending on how its set by the manufacturer.

oi if u wana go faster on ur pitpro heres wat ive dun:

got a 17 tooth sprocket for the front
got a carby wit a round float bowl instead of square
got a bigger jet.from 0.95 mm to1.75 mm jet.
got a fmf power pipe
got a shorter pipe between the heads n the carby making the fuel get there quicker. (having a strait pipe insted of a bend in it helps!!)
n i hav got my pitpro 125 rr up to bout 113km now from a lousy 86km!!
so well it worked for me soo giv it a try if u want.hope i helped u a bit!!
cheers JAKE

Latest posts

Back