races

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lets ride

Reaction score
okay ladies and gents we need some to organize races or ride day so if anyone knows anyone who wants to race or help make ride days lets do it . so if you want to race then heres a post to try and show it and hopefully we get enought numbers on here to maybe get things rolling maybe let the past be the past and lets start this year fresh i know im keen as hell to race

I will be one of the first to add my name to this list. Would definitely be great to see some racing organised. What tracks did you have in mind??

i aint the best racer but i am keen to ride an race....... where at..... schofields?????

have talked to a couple of clubs and they want a garaunteed 80 riders to put on a race day
gwandalan,cessnock

That makes it tough clunky. One idea that I have had and am working on for running a race day, is including junior 50', 65 and 85cc classes. That would definitely help to add numbers to the raceday. This would also expose some juniors, as well as mini dads to the mini scene. Could only be good for the mini scene.

i think the prob u willhave is fair few people got stung last yr and wont be keen to thru it again

swapper thats sounds good but then u have to think it will be long day with all classes or are u going to cut some classes

Yeah Newson, I think with the current state of the mini bike scene, you wouldnt need to run the full complement of mini classes like back when the HRI series was running etc. Seperating the jap and china bikes into seperate classes was a joke, and that would be the first to go. I think the classes being run at this years mini moto SX has got it spot on, and would be a good guide to follow for mini bike classes to be run at a mini bike event.

wow guys this is awsum well me and fuzz do have a track in mind maybe we have to chat to a guy witch we will do in a few days plz guys keep in mind its all for fun im not asking for any money and no one will be stung im thinking of places like appin where we pay to do the track then there is the track that fuzz and i are trying to organize so if we can get sum ideas for track plz tell me so i can go and speak to the guys at the track i have no idea how or what i have to do to start a club . im just a guy with three bikes that wants to race have fun so im more than happy to help organize and book tracks for friendly meeting
why should all us guys have to miss out we all want the same thing to ride and have fun so i will say if urnot into it then dont coment or say anything if people are seriouse then lets get the ball rolling lets make suggestions or even make a day to meet at a track and lets see how many people are interested so lets make a date for appin track ?????

and im not trying to stand on anyones toes i cant understand how all these places sell performance parts yet we have no where to use em so if anyone out there can help or can organize race meetings im more then happy to give my time towards it

yea unfortunately you cant just go to a registered track and say hey mate can we race here
no 1 insurance -- the only way to get any type of race insurance is to be a sanctioned event thru motorcycling aust,and i can hear you now saying you ride at your own risk,well that works in the bush but on a man made race track the minute you step on the property someone is liable,from the guy who crashes on the track to the chick who stubbs her toe in the carpark and sues the promotor.
so do you get my drift,
the clubs need 60 riders to break even financially for a day,80 riders will turn a small profit and make it worth opening the gate.
insurance and liability is killing this nation along with miss gillard

Im keen for raceing again in nsw.
Doesn't look like we going to have 50 racen anytime soon. The Qld backyard style racen of hri series is the best sort of racen for minibikes. :)
private backyard tracks only place can race with mates now days. insurance and liability as you all sayn makes hard aswell.

yep that i understand about insurance but if we a group of ten twenty or fifty the track we go to like appin u sign there waver and pay them the fee but they may hire us the track for the day im just throwing out ideas it doesnt have to be full on racing just friendly racing appin has a track for mini bikes and we may have another mini track cumming up so i started this thread to get ideas and try and make a calender for meets and stuff no one out there seems to want to get involved so i thought id try and get some thing started

and im not doing this to make money just want to ride and have fun so maney people do up mini bikes and dont get to show em or take em to a track so come on peoples lets get this going

hi guys, ive got afew blokes down here in wagga who are keen to race, ive started a compound in Hay NSW on a few acres but still sorting out how im going to hold races/ride days without insurance issues, i was planning on making a sx and freestyle compound but need some support, i can get my hands on just about any earth moving gear so ideas are more then welcome, i would like to see the 50 racing start back up and support 'lets ride'

well trying my best to start to start this am waiting to speak to ma and im sure any club will let us race im will to pay tracks up front and insurances so if i do it will be up to u guys to show up i will be asking for a small fee not for profit and u will be welcome to pay on the day so if no one shows up then i cant afford to do it so it will be up to you guys and once i sort it out ill be promoting the crap out of it and i be holding a mini bike show and im trying to get a motor bike dyno day organized so any thoughts or suggestions would be great

doyle the only way u get over insurance is if u got to lawyer and get contracts writtten up say that u take no responsiblity for death injury and they r ide at there risk on ur property **** like that i know i have rode at few places where owners made me sign it

Ive looked into it... a waiver/disclaimer is not enough.. Its basically worthless apparently
You still need public liability insurance.. and let me tell ya... not many places will offer it... I had quite a bit of trouble even finding someone who might want to quote on it....
Might be different for a one off race event though...
I dont see why a track cant close off for the day if you guarantee certain numbers... so you just pay them, and their insurance covers you as per normal.... then you can just organise yourselves to race for the day?
Doesnt seem too complicated.. I guess its just a matter of finding the right place!!!

Latest posts

Back