Racing classes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_fmx_kid

Reaction score
It's prob on here somewhere but I can't seem to find it but what are the differences between the mini mx races classes? Like what are the restricts between them and what separates the bikes between them? Thanks any help would be great

It's prob on here somewhere but I can't seem to find it but what are the differences between the mini mx races classes? Like what are the restricts between them and what separates the bikes between them? Thanks any help would be great

at vcm there were two classes a and b a was the fast blokes like... untouchable fast whereas b class is the slower riders or 1st timers..
why are there two classes? because the a blokes are so fast there is no point in any slower rider racing to get points so they made two classes to make it more of a fun competition

pretty sure that is correct

Ok. I was told usually they have stickers, 88 limited, 10s and 12s or something like that

depends on the series.

In Vic we have VCM thats all 12" a and b grade

We also have

junior boys
senior 10"
senior 12"
senior girls
junior girls
semi auto's, 88's etc, but they usually run in 10"

Thanks Phil. What are the limitations on an 88? I've got after market frame, Mazzi front end. +4 in the rear. How big of a carbi can I go and cam?

also long as you have stock head on 88 is fine , forks,frame,swinger , all good for 88 class , cams are allowed and carbie size dosnt matter , though true 88s should only have 18-20mm carbs :)

Class Rules: stock 50
~ Stock Engine
~ No back dating head (CRF50 must run CRF50 Head)
~ No high top pistons
~ No close ration gear box
~ Stock frame can be strengthened
~ Not lengthened
~ Stock swing arm
~ Drum brakes only
~ Cam and cam timing adjustments allowed
~ Complete engine and crab must remain stock
~ Uni filter allowed
~ No porting/ grinding allowed
~ Heavy duty fork springs and rear shock allowed
~ Chromoly + 1 inch fork legs allowed
~ Cosmetic modifications allowed
~ Pipe sprockets and filter replacement
allowed
~ All wheels to be a maximum diameter
of 10 inches

Limited 88
~ After market frames allowed
~ 88cc Barrel and larger carb allowed
~ 50 cc head must remain stock (no back dating)
~ No porting and grinding allowed
~ Cam and cam timing can be changed
~Front and Rear suspension modifications allowed
~ Bottom end of engine must remain stock
~ Heavy duty auto clutch allowed
~ Cosmetic modifications allowed
~Pipe, sprocket, filter and CDI replacement allowed
~ 12" Front wheel allowed
~ Rear wheel must be a maximum of 10"
~ Gearing can be changed
~ No inner rotor allowed

Exactly the info I was hoping for thanks. I've got a different head on my 88 so does that mean I have to race up a class or do I just put the stock head back on?

Exactly the info I was hoping for thanks. I've got a different head on my 88 so does that mean I have to race up a class or do I just put the stock head back on?

Glad to help man :)
Yeah haveing race head on you 88 , push bike up into 10" open class. Back in day they had class call'd
88 mod , bean class for you! Only have 10" open ,88 limited northing in middle.

So would it be better for me to either go back to a stock head or go the a larger barrel and head to be more competitive

At the moment with
Lower numbers racing there hasn't been an 88 limited class
It's usually 10" bikes together in one class and 12" bikes together in another class
So I reckon whack ya bigger head on !

Latest posts

Back