Radiator Style oil coolers for head feed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterSpoon

Reaction score
Got a billet style oil cooler and want to keep your engine running that bit cooler? The easiest solution is a more efficient oil cooler, most commonly a radiator style oil cooler. Don't forget tho that the oil cooler can be fed from either the crankcase or the head so make sure you get one to suit your motor.

This one is the one I have got
cfc3_3.JPG

It will suit motors with an oil cooler feed from the head. The lines are not long enough to fit one that is crankcase fed.

Mine has been fitted to an 08 Pitpro 140XR and is a good size. It fits nicely inside the plastics and out of the road but offers much better cooling
compared to the original one. Fitting was not quite as simple as a bolt on job as the bracket supplied was no good and would not fit in any way, shape or form. To fit it up I removed the old cooler, worked out where it would sit best (make sure it is out of the way enough that it won't foul on the front guard or engine ect), then made up some L brackets to mount it to the original frame mounts. Oil lines were a good fit and seem like quite good quality. After it had been fitted and I had run the bike the oil did need to be topped up a little so make sure you check it once you have fitted one.

The end result? I managed to pick the cooler up at a good price, better cooling should result in longer engine life, downside is that compared to the billet brick ones it is much more vulnerable and if to many of the fins get damaged it will loose alot of its cooling ability. So great if you take care of your bike, can make up some L brackets and don't crash to often.

And some pics of mine fitted
cooler%20left.jpg

cooler%20right.jpg

Hi While on the oil cooler subject,has anyone put or know how to fit a cooler to a 110 honda auto im building a buget mini she's abitsa but all my money in my big bikes and these little rockets are so much fun ive only ridin a cheap chinese bike great fun ,got a postie as donnor for motor and scored a crf copy frame any help would be great Thanks !

Latest posts

Back