Raising rear height, longer shock

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazle

Reaction score
I recently put a fastace 66rc rear shock on my agb 29 and it was a little bit shorter than the original shock that came on the bike. So now the back end of the bike has droped making it sit alot lower.
Is there any way of rasing the shock so that the back end of the bike sits higher?

any help would be great thanks Jarred

Last edited:
either relocate the shock mounting hole or make a extender pics might help?

Or sell the 'short' 66rc to me! :D

cant you adjust the thread slightly

i just ordered a 66RC for my ABG29 280mm version i measured my old one and eye to eye it is exactly the same....how much difference is it ?

Yeah I was just gonna say that. Loosen the nut that holds the spring down and It makes it higher.

it shouldnt make it higher what it usually does it decrease the static sag which then feels higher when you sit on the bike

i see....

we i dunno then ill have a play when mine arrives

ok heres what it use to look like with the standard shock
MyMoto002.jpg

and heres the bike with the fastace shock notice how it sits alot lower
Image011.jpg

the AGB29 uses a 300 x 62mm shock,

the 66RC's on ebay, and most online stores are to suit smaller bikes,
using 280 x 52mm,

meaning you not long lower the ride height of the bike by about 2-3 inches, but you also reduce the travel of the rear suspension by a good 1-1.5 inches.

I came across the same issue when trying to upgrade my shock, but luckily I measured it before putting down the dosh.

Juls

Ah Crap

i just got mine far out i must have measured wrong its 2 cm to small :( also the resevoir hits frame on AGB 29 ?

so i have the same problem as you Jazle....everyone said get the 66RC but no one mentioned it was smaller :( ah well my mistake i even read this post LOL

whats the upgrade then for fastace 300mm ?

yea they are shorter but they are a great shock. you have to cut part of the frame so the resevior dosent hit i have a thread showing what i did to fit the shock.
so have a look if u want

Latest posts

Back