Ramp Project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezus18

Reaction score
Hey fellas,
found out about this old skate ramp at house near by from a mate and i decided to go have a look. The house gets used like once a year and the ramp is just in the way really, no one uses it or anything so we are hoping next time they come down my mate who told us about it is gonna go ask em if we can just take it!. Its a bit rusted but its quiet sturdy. we were thinking about cutting half off and using the cut half as extra metal for the good half therefor having a stronger frame, also gonna rip off the coping lol, we are also going to add supports and obviously a top on it :p It seems to have a good kick for a pitty and is nice and smooth. Heres some pics!

13-06-07_1204.jpg

13-06-07_1203.jpg

yeah when we first saw the ramp we were like nah fuck that! lol...but then we went over and jumped on it and shit and it was pretty darn strong! at least we have a decent shape and frame to work with!

BTW we didnt snap the cross beam testing how strong it was lol..it was already snapped :p

hey thats a good find...if you cut it in half you dont want to make it to narrow?

yeh i would leave it at the same width as it is now also you might wanna think about throwing some rust kill, paint and new metal into it to make it real sturdy

its a good 2 metres wide no...so i rekkon a one metre wide ramp would be ok...then we can use like the curved mental on the other half to put in the middle of the good one and add the cross beanms on and everything and have a tank of a thing..and its still not that heavy! definatly give it some rust kill and paint it. but some ply wood down maybe with a sheet of metal on top with some of that grippy paint!

It mite be possible to keep it at that width as its a half pipe so theres a whole nother side lol..but the other side isnt in as good condition and hasnt got ANY cross beams lol

yeah thats a sick idea.. hope it goes well
will be wanting pics once its done kk man

Weld some expanded mesh directly to the frame (no plywood) it will last and be grippy (and see thru)

good idea mate...how much does that stuff cost..would be needing like 3mx1m

good idea mate...how much does that stuff cost..would be needing like 3mx1m

No Idea re $$$ but a phone call to metalcorp will soon sort you out, even a steel recycler may be able to help as they use this stuff for building outside stair cases, landings and stuff. I recon you will find its well priced considering how durable it is.

Is this the thing you were going to steal a couple of months ago? or am I confusing this with another similar thread.

haha we were only THINKING about it..as we know no one uses it and theres rarely any one ever there...
ill talk to my mates about it and see when we can get it and get to work! :)

yeah its hard to say how far and how long we will go until we hit the thing...but im sure it will be good. Finally get some time to try some decent tricks!

Latest posts

Back