re-oiling agb-29 forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony B

Reaction score
Front Usd Forks

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the front forks on the AGB29?( bought as detonator) one fork has hard and soft dial and the other has fast and slow? Am I correct in saying that one fork does compression damping and one fork rebound damping? if so wouldnt that make the front wheel cock sideways as one fork pushes harder than the other?? My son is very light and the forks on this bike need to be way softer, so any ideas on how to make them softer would e great, thanks. Also the seals seem to create quite a bit of resistance sliding on the leg (which has a grey coating on it) and I was wondering if I could use something like silicone spray to spray on the slider to allow the seals to move easier on the legs.

This grey coating sounds odd/dodgy... I've never seen fork seal surfaces with anything other than polished chrome...

Any chance of some pics?

I wouldn't lubricate them because dust will stick to them and eventually chew the seals out...

Edit: the Detonators on eBay appear to have standard chromed forks...

use graphite powder instead of grease if you dont want stuff to stick

Agb-29 adjustable usd forks

Hey, im wondering how do you change the fork oil in the usd adjustable forks on the agb-29, it appears that on the bottom of the forks theres a presure valve insted of a sump bolt?

clean them well!!!

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the front forks on the AGB29?( bought as detonator) one fork has hard and soft dial and the other has fast and slow? Am I correct in saying that one fork does compression damping and one fork rebound damping? if so wouldnt that make the front wheel cock sideways as one fork pushes harder than the other?? My son is very light and the forks on this bike need to be way softer, so any ideas on how to make them softer would e great, thanks. Also the seals seem to create quite a bit of resistance sliding on the leg (which has a grey coating on it) and I was wondering if I could use something like silicone spray to spray on the slider to allow the seals to move easier on the legs.

your can use a silicone spray but you need to buff the greasey residue from the fork sliders. It will simply clean them and give a slipery surface, dust will not be attracted to them, usually the opposite, it is harder for it to stick as long as there not greasy. some silicone sprays are too greasy. I use a plastic cleaning type non-wet finish.
The damping being on different forks is very odd. I think they mean the same thing only you have ended up with fork from 2 diff bikes.
hard & soft damping or fast & slow damping - are the same thing just diff wording. you can put thiner oil in forks if too soft although springs will be more of a diff. don't know if they are available any softer.

Nickle Nitrate

This grey coating sounds odd/dodgy... I've never seen fork seal surfaces with anything other than polished chrome...

Any chance of some pics?

I wouldn't lubricate them because dust will stick to them and eventually chew the seals out...

Edit: the Detonators on eBay appear to have standard chromed forks...

Some forks can use a Nickle Nitrate type mixture in the chrome

Agb 29 front forks

Hey guys, after about two hard days of riding on the track my forks are shot. They are compressing way too easy and wont rebound all the way. I have played with the adjustments but not alot there. Any ideas??? I am thinking of picking up a set of 80cc 0r 85cc two stroke forks.

rokzuk, did you lose all the fork oil ? if not, check the bottom of the fork tube pull the rubber cap off each tube and check your air pressure .

so they are just air filled with oil?
can these be reoiled and if i do that are there springs available on the aftermarket?

if ur forks can b reoiled then reoil them but if ther shot like dead n cant to nothin bout buy fastace forks

i fiddled around with air presure and tightness and they are mint now(well more rebound and damper)

Rokzuk, not sure on air pressure, I was told to fill until they won't take anymore ? I will see what I can find out, will check on springs also.

Just want to say thanks for all the help. You guys are awesome:eek: Although I am in the US, This is the best mini forum I have seen.... Mini me, I got your message and I emailed you some pix..... tfmartin, you are always a big help, Thanks

You'll find that your forks are a knockoff of a china product (Fastace Xrosin's)

SO, all rebuild instructions are as per the post from Mini Me Racing.

A word of warning though. You may want to heat up the top of the fork leg before removing the top cap, since they use wayyy too much locktite in the manufacturing process on these fork caps and you can easily stuff the thread if you don't soften the locktite.

As for the air pressures in each leg, I've got the fastace factory rebuild instructions at home and if you need to know the advised pressures (they are different for each leg), PM me and I'll help you out.

Thanks tfmartin, what should the air pressure be?

there should be no air pressure only atmospheric pressure that should be zero'd out before riding. same as full size motocross bikes

Latest posts

Back