Rear Brake jamming... Pit Pro 140 XR

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydogz

Reaction score
I just bought this bike from a friend of a friend and rode it for most of the day, i noticed after i had ridden the bike and turned it off the rear brake jammed slightly and it was hard to push back into the shed, after the bike had cooled down the bike was easy to push and roll back out of the shed.

Any ideas would help...

:)

Adjust the rod that connects the lever to the master cylinder (make it shorter) then bleed the brakes. Thats what fixed mine. I was the one that started the thread bulldog93 is talking about. Apparently my locknut was loose causing the adjustment to change slowly overtime. When the rod is to long it blocks the little hole in the master cylinder meaning the fluid can't return and it just stays in the caliper. So each time you press the brake more fluid goes into the caliper but none returns, causing the brake to lock on.

Hope this helps. You may have an entirely different problem but it sounds very similar to mine.

Latest posts

Back