Rear brake pedel getting stuck

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon fmxer

Reaction score
Ok so I've searched found a few topics but they could be different to my proble

I went to bleed my brake to get rid of the old crapy fluid was bleeding them for a while but no
luck so I left it overnight then went to bleed the brake again and the pedel gos down halfway and jams a bit then gos down the rest of the way???

I don't get how it can change like that overnight?? Any ideas?

Update! It's not getting as stuck now but soon as I've pumped the pedel cracked the bleed niple to bleed the line soon as I've tighted the nipple and let go of the pedel it sounds like the master cylinder sucks in air!!!
So would that mean the seals are gone???

Last edited:
did you have it uncovered overnight did you clean all areas b4 u statrted a bit of crud may have gotten into the system and is restricting flow remove the master strip and clean it replace seals put it back togeather and re bleed if crud is in there it needs to come out

alternativly throw another at it this is what i do for all my cars and bikes when the pads need changing i swap callipers out with a rebuilt one
then i rebuild the one i removed in my spare time for the next change

The cap was just sitting on the top I didn't bolt it down :/
sorry I don't know much about brakes what the master strip??
It dusent look like it was leakin out of the bottom boot. Il have another look tonight to see if it actully is leaking.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

The cap was just sitting on the top I didn't bolt it down :/
sorry I don't know much about brakes what the master strip??
It dusent look like it was leakin out of the bottom boot. Il have another look tonight to see if it actully is leaking.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

sorry grammatical error i should have put a comma after master as in remove the master , then strip it down and the master cylinder is where the fluid goes in

how did u bleed them with a hose on the nipple so no air can get back into the system
did you gravity bleed or pump it out with the pedal or preassure bleed by pushing somthing inside of the master
did u keep the master full of fluid or did u let it run down then top it up
did you clean out the bottom of the reservoir
at the end of the day it should have a smooth operation if it doesnt then pull it apart and clean or replace it

I used the hose on the end of the nipple and pumped it with the pedel ,it would only go half way up the hose and it didn't want to go any further and I made sure it was topped up, I probly filled it up to much.
So should I clean it out with compressed air? Or will that damage it?

if the fluid wont go thru the system when the bleed nipple is open no matter how much u push on the pedal it has a blockage as u stated you let no air into the system
power bleed them by putting a rag and ur hand over the master and blow compressed air into the master while being full of fluid this will push the fluid thru the sytem dont let it run dry and only slowly pull the trigger on the blower or youll be wearing the fluid and blow out the seals if to much preassure
apart from that pull it all apart and rebuild it with a rebuild kit if u can get em or just get a new master

No luck. But it Dusent get that jammed anymore BUT when I bleed them after held the pedel down with the nipple open , then crack it back up with the pedel still held down, then I let go of the pedel and the master cylinder suck in air!!! And the cylinder is full of fluid. ???

yesterday i played with a spare master to replicate your prob and the only thing i came up with was the master will try and suck the fluid back from the caliper until the pedal is nearly at its return and then will suck fluid from the part where you put the fluid in so if you have the rod adjusted to far down it will not suck the fluid in as it doesn't return enough

remove the master from the bike and hold it lower than the calliper and imagine its full of air turn it around up and down to get the air to the highest point ....the calliper.
then push the rod down crack the bleed nipple ............ tighten nipple b4 flow stops then slowly release the rod slowly if this wont work then seals are screwed as it must be sucking air from somewhere

Yer I screwed the rod up more last nyt but like I said as soon as I've tightened the nipple and the let the pedel rise back up I can hear the m cylinder suck in air.. So I think the seals are gone.

Oh well looks like il be susin out a new one for it :/

thanks for lending ur time to help me ur a champ cheers :)

Latest posts

Back