Rear brake Troubles!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad_d

Reaction score
hi everyone. i went for a huge ride on the weekend and now my rear brakes aren't working. my brake pedal pushes down the whole way without gripping onto the disc.:mad:

i went thrpugh a few big puddles probably submerging the brakes in water would this have stuffed them up?

cheers for any help guys.

I don't think riding through water would have done anything. Check to make sure you have brake fluid.
At the master cylinder where the metal plunger attaches to you brake pedal, check to see if the lock nut has come loose, as with riding for a long time, it may have vibrated loose and it might just need adjusting again. This can be done by turning the metal rod clockwise, keep doing this and checking the pedal until it is firm, and then tightening the lock nut to keep it at the desired position.

thanks pegleg.

i dont think its that because whe i removed the brakes completely off the bike and pushed the rod in the pads didnt seem to move.

well you probably don't have any fluid, check the reservoir.

brake fluid is right. what i think is wrong is that the end of the rod has broken meaning that it is not pushing anything if you know what i mean.

cheers

if thats the case just get yourself a complete new unit, they don't cost a lot, get yourself a complete rear brake setup for under $50.

id go and get a bottle of brake fluid and try bleeding your brake through be4 you go out and start buying shit ;)

thanks for your help guys. i took it to a mates place and his dad had a look at it. bleeded it and came to the same conclusion to me.

brang the bike home. when dad got back from work he had a look and in about 3 minutes he had fixedit by continually pumping it and tipping upside down a few time.

cheers for the help anyway.

Latest posts

Back