rear brakes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bevin

Reaction score
hey i have a nother problem with my thumpa

my rear brakes on dont work yeh ive tryed bleeding them and all and the piston in the caliper doesnt seem 2 b moving i sat there for about 40mins bleedn em and nuffn its got all new fluids and everything thu it yeh i need em 2 work coz the front brakes are hopeless and i have 2 compression lock 2 slow down

my brakes did that once i didnt matter what i did they just wouldnt work my mate reckond just come riding any ways so i did and about half hour of riding they just started workin again. i think it might have been somethin to do with all the bumps in the track or something like that anyways.

Did you bleed them properly because you might have got air in the lines and that might be a reason for it to not work try rebleeding it take the cap off the back brake and pump the petal as you let the bleed nut lose and dont let the pedel go till you tighten the nut again or you will get a line full of air. when the fluid starts to go down keep it toped up and just keep doing the same thing till you think its enough then put the cap back on and test it out same goes for the front breaks but if it is a new bike you might need to wear the pads into the disk.

air will find its way to the highest part in the system, try loosening a hose or something at the highest point you can to bleed it other places also, should have some pressure and not just feel loose or get stuck down, also if pry open the pistons too far they will get stuck open. you can try and grab it and pull it back out, or hit it with a rubber mallet while pumping, might help it start moving.

yeh stil nuffn i chaged the caliper and the brake line i sat ther for 20mins bleedn it so i cbf anymore with it ill just leave no back brakes or ill fix it when i can be botherd

while on this subject i had the rear wheel of my sons bike and the idiot pumped the brake and closed the pads together how do i get them apart so i can get the disk and wheel back on

ok the piston doesnt move how do i get it 2 bcos i wana ride this w.e cumn and i need brakes cos its the reaction that i jump onto the back brakes

if u ride in sand or mud some of it may have gotten into your master cylinder.....
thats wat happended to my friends and they just opened it right up and found that was the problem, you can also buy a chineese brake setup that should do the job and jst weld up a plate for the new system to fit onto, if it doesnt fit into the holes where yours is at the momment. you can look around at trying to get a new one for whatever your bike is, but i kno trying to find one for a genuine thumpy is sooooo hard to find. you could try a wreckers but i dont recommend it cause you dont kno that this one might have the same problem in a few months time..
goodluck tho, prob jst best to get someone to look at it for you.

how do i get the piston 2 move back out?? cos it seems jammed

quick fix:) stick a screwdriver between the pads and wedge them apart.... dont ever loosen the bleed nipple when changing pads. ever. its a BLEED nipple, not a NEW BRAKE PAD NIPPLE. new pads, top up the master resevoir, and walk away. thats all:)

bleeding- get the master cylinder LOWER than the slave.... then try again. watch the master, and it should make a lot of bubbles as air trapped in its piston escapes, and give the lever/.rod gentle pumps, not full strokes... no more air? brakes will bleed up fine:) else you have a busted seal...any leaks around the lower boot/ pushrod to the lever? if so, get a new cylinder, youll never find just the seals....this may take some time, by the way....:eek:

china brakes are pricks.

get a flat blade and a something to wrap it with and just push them open, itll force the fluid back into your resoviour and they will be fine

ive tryd bleeding them like u sed but nothing stil its got fresh fluids and all
wdf is rong with em

yup i am on the task of bleeding my brakes when i get home from work, well back brakes, i dont have pads for the front yet. Pfff cba, but really want to test the bike out, since i put new brakes, gasket, spark plug, electrics, spring etc i havent test riden the bike yet. Might fall apart mid wheelie. ha wathc this space

Latest posts

Back