Rear Brakes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIN-6SIX6

Reaction score
My rear brakes have stopped working, I have checked the fluid, cleaned them, bled them and still nothing. What could it be?

It's highly unlikely but it seems like the fault is in the caliper where the piston is stuck.

I understand you've checked the fluid, cleaned them and bled. Can you tell us more on how, or what you cleaned?

I pulled the caliper off, removed the pads and just cleaned all the dust and chunks of dried mud from around the piston with a toothbrush and warm soapy water. I think I might have to just go and buy a new caliper but thats money that could be better spent somewhere else.

They will just have an air lock. Can be a pain to get all the air out. Persistence needed. If it can't be done bolted to the bike, just remove the entire brake system and hang it up somewhere with the calper hanging down. Make sure the bleed nipple is at the highest point with how the caliper is sitting, but the caliper still hanging lower than the master cylinder. now crack the nipple a little and fill from the top of the master untill fluid is continually running, but do not let the level at the top get down otherwise you'll suck in more air. Once it is running out well, quickly nip up the bleed nipple.

i had the same with my china bike. use a horse seringe with fuel line from that to the caliper then just keep pump'n it through and she'll come good

Latest posts

Back