Rear shock mounts, need help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyFork

Reaction score
I just brought a new fastace 1000 rear shock for my atomik Bigfoot. Problem being is the new shock measures 300mm from centre of bolt hole to the there centre of the bolt hole. My crappy stocko was 270mm from hole to hole. So I've cut off the mounting brackets off the frame and made some new plates to mount the shock. Problem is how moch higher do I mount the shock. How much angle should be on the swing arm compared to the frame? Any ideals guys?

Depends on what angle you want the bike to sit at.. also how far your swingarm will swing without stopping

Ok, I sort of get ya. I don't want the rear too high so that it bumps me to the front of the bike over the tank ( I'm 6ft so I need to sit back as bikes a bit small for me) I don't want it so the rear is too low either. What is a standard hight from swing arm to tail of frame? My first mistake not taking this measurment

if you can remeber what or where the old one sat add or minus 30mm because the original shocker was 270 and now its 300 so im guessing you would want the mount closer to the rear of the mounting area (back towards the wheel) hope that makes sense... also if you can put the old one on and roughly sit it where it was then, try and resemble how the swingarm or back end was sitting with the old one
hope im not confusing the **** out of ya
cheers loco

Thanks for the tip but it's done I clamped the old mount roughly where it was and measured from a point on swing arm to the floor. I the put new shock on and new bracket and set swing arm to same height as before and lined up new mount. It could be a bit out so I'm bolting the new bracket onto the old bracket and made it adjustable. One done ill set my suspension up and then make some new brackets up

Latest posts

Back