Rear shock orientation....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRWDGW

Reaction score
Need input - Is this installed upside down? I'm a total novice when it comes to the bike. And does it really matter? If so then why?

aefd6013-df2d-dc7f.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330831079.659420.jpg

Lol looks upside down to me. Not too sure if it has any negative consequences though. Not like it has a remote reservoir or anything.

lol funny, i only laugh because i could see people doing that. if u were unsure dude u shoulda looked on the net for any bike that u can see the shock. definately upside down

Cool thanks - even though it's a cheap *** china mini - I want to be sure it's right - like I said - I'm a novice and I'm not even going to try to BS that I know about these - never hurts to ask - just want it right - Thanks bro.

I switched it (as if anyone cares!). I can't tell the difference. Should I? I assume this is the correct orientation for the rear shock now. At least I look like I know half ass what I'm doing!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330905539.869251.jpg

the only difference would be the chrome leg oil seal is facing down.

Even if it had a resi it wouldnt make a difference in actual operation of the shock.

Front forks where air and oil mix is a different story.

I guess now its just a matter of either upgrading shock or switching back to protect the seal?? Thanks

what i find funnier than the shock upside down is the fact DRW looks like a balding adam sandler in that picture haha

Nice - haha haven't heard that before. Thanks

There ya go bikerboi - Not so sandler'ish now!

lol awesome stuff. totally the opposite now, more hair than ever! welcome to the site also

Latest posts

Back