Rear wheel Lockup Issues on my 110CC

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJONES417

Reaction score
Okay so I was looking for a fun toy to just ride around on a little and found a TAOTAO DB14 that was basically brand new. Guy rode it MAYBE 2-3 times. After verifying that is was just that(brand new) I bought it and took it home. I have been around bikes most of my life and am somewhat familiar with them. However I ran into a little problem with this one. Rode it around and had some fun before noticing the back sprocket was a little loose. I pulled it in the garage and took the chain off, retightened everything had a good look over the rear end, put the chain back on the sprocket and was going to keep riding.

I went to get on and roll out of the garage when my rear wheel wheel would not roll forward. Almost like its just locked up. I can roll in reverse all day long but it wont even budge to go forward. I can still shift through all my gears and havent tried starting it up yet.

Needing some help getting to the bottom of this!!!
Is this a quick fix? I am missing something simple? Big job? Is this a clutch issue?

Could be one of 3 things. #1 clutch - which I don't think would be it cause you can push in reverse easily #2 rear brakes could have gotten wedged so you can roll backwards but not forward #3 wheel bearing could have went out on one side allowing you to move Rev but not forward. Oh just thought about it and maybe some kind of shim/washer so the rear isn't as tight

Lol my yx150 did the same thing, will report the culprit in a few days.

Latest posts

Back