Reboundless Forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Ive got this porblem with my forks were there is no rebound...AT ALL. ive heard just get a heap of 20 cent pieces and sit it ontop of the metal pipe that sits ontop of the spings but im not sure...should there even be a little bit of pipe on top of the spring? or have i been stung with another fone of foxicos flaws.

Thanks

p.s. Ive already tried a thicker fork oil :D

edit: And I have conventional forks :(

Last edited:
What do you mean the forks has no rebound? as in it won't come back up at all? or do you mean it has no rebound damping? which is what i'm tipping you mean, so it comes back up too fast, spacing the spring with 20cent pieces will just increase the preload, making the fork sit a bit higher in its travel, it certanly won't cure your rebound problems, if anything make them a bit worse.

So they aren't bouncing back up at all? are they bent or twisted at all? are they the type that is meant to have air in them to help the spring? and if so, what pressure do you run?

not bent, dont run any pressure, and there is tiny bit of bounce at almost bottoming out. I think the springs are dodgy

Yea i know

but im as broke as the hills :(

Then sell it. If you can't fix it, sell it. Easy solution.

Or alternatively, Mintard has a set of conventional forks his not using. I could ask him if he's flogging them off cheap?

He might also have a set of USD forks with triples. But they have the 15mm axles, so they wouldn't suit you.

less fork oil brother drain your fork oil and then put the same in both side but start off with a tiny bit

you mite wanna try loosening off your front wheel then trying it.... if the wheel is pulling the forks together then they lock down... but if you loosen the wheel and they work then that may be it.... and thicker fork oil will make your problem worse...

Try changing the oil to 2.5wt,

and while you have the fork apart, work out a way to add a little preload.

overdamping is fairly common on most cheap china pitbike forks.

Overdamped and undersprung seems to be the norm on bikes under $800-1000

Juls

ive got 2.5wt in it and taking the wheel off doesnt make a difference. Ill just need to save for a new set :(...wont stop me from riding though

haha good boy =) some hard shocks cant stop you =)

ha ha either did a broken accellerator cable, damn thing snapeed while i was WARMING UP my bike to start a days riding. I tried to ride and it was very VERy hard lol. Then i remeberd i had tape in my tool box.

pls describe specifically in detail what issues you are having

i just got a pair of usd forks i could sell you my conventianal forks make me a offer ?

Latest posts

Back