Rec Reg in vic for minis/pitbikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I have two mini bikes with rec reg, braaap 125 and pit pro 150. Both don't have lights or anything on them atm as they always break!
I'm going camping next week in sheep yard flats if anyone knows where that is... just wondering if anyone thinks I will have any probs not having the rec reg stuff on, i have the plates on them both. Also my partner doesn't have a motorbike license. It's a camping site so I dunno if its public owned or private land!

Also just wondering if anyone has heard about in vic they no longer do rec reg on minis/pitbikes? coz if this is the case they better not take the rec reg i have away from me coz I will go nuts without it.

I have read some stuff about it but no where gives a clear answer, as vic roads web site just says none are ever up to stand as they dont have lights, horn etc.. but people can put them on there and that makes it to standard.. so how can they just say none can have it!? arghh confusing!

yeah i know where sheep yard flats is and it is probably far enough away from town to get away with it but then being a popular camping area you may just run into the fuzz since it is a long weekend for some lucky people... either way since you have rec reg already if you put the required parts on anyway you shouldnt be bothered more than a quick chat and licence check, in my opinion of course.

reg wont be taken away as long as the bike meets the standard of course, and you know that is with a motorbike learner permit at least and all lights working etc etc etc blah blah blah.... not that confusing really

as far as i know the land is state forest, the camp site itself may not be but all surrounding area you'll prolly ride is so rec reg will be required.

hope you enjoy yourself, thats a great place to camp, fish, ride, kick back etc.

Hey everyone.
I have two mini bikes with rec reg, braaap 125 and pit pro 150. Both don't have lights or anything on them atm as they always break!
I'm going camping next week in sheep yard flats if anyone knows where that is... just wondering if anyone thinks I will have any probs not having the rec reg stuff on, i have the plates on them both. Also my partner doesn't have a motorbike license. It's a camping site so I dunno if its public owned or private land!

Also just wondering if anyone has heard about in vic they no longer do rec reg on minis/pitbikes? coz if this is the case they better not take the rec reg i have away from me coz I will go nuts without it.

I have read some stuff about it but no where gives a clear answer, as vic roads web site just says none are ever up to stand as they dont have lights, horn etc.. but people can put them on there and that makes it to standard.. so how can they just say none can have it!? arghh confusing!

Didnt think you could get a pit pro rec regd:confused:
If it's not a rude question, How much did it cost you to get rego'd inc all fees?
Thanks.

Rec reg kit was like $250, but i could of brought all the parts seperate for less. Then some vic rego fees and appointment costs. One year of rec reg is about 90 bucks, plus plate fees I think it was around 400 bucks all up. The braaap already meet the sound requirements. But the pit pro was to loud. Did nothing to the exhaust.. just got an appointment with someone else and they said it wasn't too loud lol.

Only used one rec reg kit, took it off one bike and put it on the other to get them both rec reg.. so that saved me 250 bucks. I normally just ride in state forests with the front light and horn on. They aren't fussed with mirrors.

The brake lights always f*** up so I use this dodgy thing thats not actually a brake light it's just a red light that flashes.. like what you use on a push bike at night. No one ever cares. I have my learners, but im not sure if im meant to display the l plates while in state forest.

i in geelong with 599cc zx6r pay 489 for 12 mnths reg dont complain
\its the tac killer

Is that rec rego or full reg? I used to pay like $330 a year for a ttr230a with full rego... i know the more the cc's the higher the cost. if thats rec rego your getting ripped. my parents live in geelong so i rego my car to geelong and its wayyy cheaper! like 100 bucks a year. there is only like 50 bucks tac costs in rec reg every year.

Latest posts

Back