rec reg kit for bigfoot 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crim 87

Reaction score
hey guys wired up my bike today just copying a mates 125. he had 6 wires coming off his motor and i only had four we wired it all up and got the brake light working couldn't get the head lights on cause every time we flicked the switch to on when the bike was running the bike would stall ?? anyone else had problems like this putting the kit on there 140 ???

Last edited:
you obviously dont have the right magneto to run a light kit if you only have 4 wires, the one you have taken as power when you flick the switch earts out and acts like the kill switch.
you will either need batteries or a new magneto.
sorry for the bad news...

oh ok cause got the rectifier but if it needs a battery thats what it needs what size battery do you use

or how much is a new magneto ?? the engine is a zongshen 140 if that helps suss out the prob

bgattery alone will be no good it wont charge off the bike

you need a new stator , ie a stator with the white and yellow wires , for lights and charge

bout 65 bucks if i remember from dhz

thanks for your help guys will all these be compatiable with the zongshen engine also. rip will the one you posted boost performance in any way ??

yea mate it will be fine on any horizontal engine 140 or above.
and yea the performance boot is in the timing, it has a digital ignition which advances the timing at above 4000 rpm, the timing is also adjustable so you can make the bike easier to start and better bottom end grunt by retarding it, without losing top end thanks to advance after 4000 rpm. The flywheel is also lighter so the engine will rev up quicker and better throttle response.

oh sick that sounds pretty good are the hard to install ??

you need a flywheel puller and an impact driver to get the stator off. but it's pretty much bolt on and go

flyerwheel puller where would i get one of them from the local bike shop ??

I have just been through this with my atomik bigfoot and frankly it was a major head**** that wasn't worth the effort.
The adjustable ignition kit needs a coil that is quite unique, a one wire coil, otherwise it interfears with the cdi and won't rev.
Headlight is $70
Mirror $10
Brake switch $15
Tail light $50
Rectifier $30
Adjustable ignition kit $90
Crankcase Stator Cover $40
Flywheel puller $25
Coil $?
Ebay fees on all this $??
It is not easy wiring all this **** up, I took this kit to an auto electrician and they couldn't work it out. $200 thanks

Plus rim locks, decent chain, loctite, decent engine oil, decent brake fluid, decent tyres and tubes,
Plus the huge (and I mean huge) amount of time spent sourcing and setting it all up all for a bike that is seriously fragile and really doesn't cut it in the bush. You could buy a set up motocross bike that is a few years old for around the same money.
If your going to race it on a track and be fully into the whole pit bike scene then
i would say go for it but as a fun bush bike, the numbers don't add up.

Latest posts

Back