rec reg lighting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik140rocket

Reaction score
hi everyone. a friend and i went riding out in the bush (mainly dirt roads) on my atomik pro x 140 with a 09 lifan engine. and loved it so now i want to get the bike rec regd. so how do u run the headlight,tail light and horn into the magneto as vicroads say this is now the only system you can use and i dont want to run a battery and alternator! or do i just take it to an autoelect and get them to do it

well to do all that you also need a compliance plate...i think. but im guess youll have to put a lighting coil onto the bike?

nope no compliance plate for rec reg, have a bit of a search cause theres threads around about wiring your bike up, right click on search thats up the top then click on open in new tab, thats the only way to get the search to work

hey bud, i have a pro x 140 (07 model) and i have rec reg'd it, have done the same with 3 other pro x's also, dont know if the 09 is the same but my bike and the others i have done have AC voltage already coming from the magneto.

however to use that you need to convert it to DC voltage and regulate it, i spent a lot of time working out a circuit to do this and also made up some led headlight and tailights to suit.

if your interested in the kits i make pm me and we can work something out

Pete

yellow yellow, and/or white= power for lights etc. if you aint got em, you need a stator plate that does have em....(fleabay)

then they run to a regulator/rectifier, which then charges a battery via red(+) and black/or green(-). you have to have a battery for rec rego. full stop. horn. lights , RH mirror, um....tail n brake light:)

if youre in Vic you dont need a battery for rec reg.

Most china pits have accessory wires out the stator, but you need a rectifier and regulator cos the stator spits out AC which rises with RPM. the rect converts it to DC and you need a regulator that then keeps it at 12v, or you will blow globes yo.

All the 'good' pitbike shops or dirtbike shops can supply you with the rectifier/regulator kit. Or an autoelec can build you a circuit, or just google it. You can even use the reg/rect from downlight kits if you want which convert AC to DC, then regs it at low DC.

ahem, "stand alone power source" means battery required. its written quite plainly on the vic roads site, and im not in vic, either...

reminds me, i finally got pulled over on my lil yamoto:p he didnt mentio the lack of tail light, no blinker, just laughed, looked at my rego sticker and rode off:)

hi vicroads have moved the goalposts again so to speak now they say lighting must be the type intended for motorcycles and magneto systems are now acceptable that is the third time the website has changed in 2 weeks

ahem, "stand alone power source" means battery required. its written quite plainly on the vic roads site, and im not in vic, either...

reminds me, i finally got pulled over on my lil yamoto:p he didnt mentio the lack of tail light, no blinker, just laughed, looked at my rego sticker and rode off:)

Dude a battery is not required, 'stand alone power source' means it must not be a 'total loss system'

eg. the bike must be providing a charge of some sort, you can run straight from the magneto or into a battery but you dont actually need one, as long as your bike keeps the power up (not just draing a battery without it charging) you are fine

Latest posts

Back