Rec reg on your mini/pitbike, it can be done

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilsh15

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about the news that I was informed from motorbike city that if you want to get your mini bike rec reg, you can. All it needs is the rec reg kit....then you take it to Vic Roads, cost like $90.
I duno if this is old new or not be it got me excited!!!:D

rec reg is a vic thing for other states its called different things (?) but the laws are different for each state.

Yeah ya can get em reged not that hard if ya know what ya doin, just a couple of lights and a bit of paper work and ya all set really

would be something to look into i rekon, especially with the lights, how hard is it to get a front light going on one of these, any idea what sort of ampage or wattage light to use for a head light?

for the purpose of rec reg 2 small led lights were on the front of my yzf and that got redded, so yeah if ya just wanna get it reged then you can just mount up a light on the bike but if ya wanna ride it then id reccomend no smalller than a 50 watt light placed on the front, theres already a thread about a guy that done his bike and he posted up some photos

Edit: I see your in brisban, i do not know the law for over there it is quite possibly totally different from here in vic. Im pretty sure this is what you need,

Conditional registration

its called conditional rego in qld, for the bike you would need to get the limited type, i did not read it fully just skimed over it but read over it and see whats the deal with it all

Last edited:
Yeah you can buy kits and do it yoursel although I find the kits a bit pricey (especially when your gonna take it off anyway). You can also take it to motorbike places and they will do it for you. Scotty's in Ringwood does it I think. Also I think one of the conditions is it has to have a seperate battery for the lights although I don't think they check this much.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. Would be mad to get limited access so i could ride it places :D

nah no seperate battery. The lights have to work independant from a battery. Ie: work straight from the stator.

pitties that arent elec start, you need a regulator, cos the stator puts out wack voltages, and it goes up with RPM and blow globes.

But what you need for VIC rec reg:
Front and rear lights
Rear lights operate with front or rear brakes
A white light for the number plate
chain protector for front sproket.
horn
mirror on right hand side.

also to add to the above, the bike must note exceed 94 db in sound, dont know if they check that but they might if they think its loud enough

Latest posts

Back