Rec Reg

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie__1221

Reaction score
is it possible to get rec reg in victoria for a pit bike 125

Last edited:
if your asking if it is possible to street legalize your pitbike then unfortunatly the answer is no. because your bike doesnt come with a pre-printed compliance plate it deems it inelligable for road registration unfortunatly.

there are things like terra moto which apprently have a street legal pitbike but as i said, this are built on a set of strict guidelines for street use thus their registerable.

i dont live in QLD so i dont know your exactly road rules, i hope someone else can confirm or guide you in the right direction to get a 100% correct answer.

Cheers, Tony.

Im pretty sure hes asking about recreational registration which is for riding in offroad areas, not sure if you can one for a pitbike

aaahhh very sorry. well here in Adelaide we can get rec reg which is universal so you can ride whatever you like on the licence, i would check it out for yourself man as you may be able to get a universal licence.

Cheers, Tony.

there should be no reason you couldnt get rec reg

you of course need to satisfy the req of headlight , tail etc

check the vicroads on the rules regarding

yeah to get rec reg you need to put working head light an brake rear light, rear view mirror, bike has to be under 98 decibels,an a few other things that i cant remember know plus then after you have done all that you have to take your bike some were for them to check out to make sure its up to standards

i know here in vic you can not get reck reg on a pit bike and there is nothing you can do to the bike to saticefy vic roads cause already have tryed the only place you can ride them is private property or a motox track

i know here in vic you can not get reck reg on a pit bike and there is nothing you can do to the bike to saticefy vic roads cause already have tryed the only place you can ride them is private property or a motox track

I don't think that the above comment is correct. I met someone who was going to get rec reg, and I am planning to get the same for my atomik.
I just need lights put on it - and am in the process of sourcing parts.
The requirements on the vic roads website don't rule out pitt bikes for rec reg.

I guess the definitive proof will be made in a few weeks when I get my atomik rec reg'd. I'll keep you posted.

I can prove it.

There's a company in Dandenong that rec reg pit-bikes and they also sell rec-reged pit-bikes. It's called 'Global Motorcycle Wreckers' and you can find them at 'http://www.globalwreckers.com.au'

Latest posts

Back