Recreation Registration

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking at getting my 140cc Lifan rec reg'd. Is it possibly to to it with this engine without using a battery

should be. The Lifan 140 runs a lighting coil on the stock stator...
Pretty sure the power feed comes from the yellow wire... or was it the white one... i cant remember...
i think atomik do rec rego kits for pitbikes..

The thing I hate about rec reg kits is the headlight. Anyone know of anywhere that sell complete plug and play LED kits? I remember Bananaman used to make em up and sell em but im not sure if he still does.

PS I think its the yellow wire.

I thump i have got onto bananaman before for this as i wanted a kit as well but he doesnt do it anymore sadly...

what vicroads office are you going too?

Would that make a difference?

I thump i have got onto bananaman before for this as i wanted a kit as well but he doesnt do it anymore sadly...

Yeah I remember some people were winging about the price and he obviously wasnt selling enough to make it worth his efforts. I cant remember how much he sold them for but I think the price was reasonable.

Last edited:
Would that make a difference?

Yeah I remember some people were winging about the price and he obviously wasnt selling enough to make it worth his efforts. I cant remember how much he sold them for but I think the price was reasonable.

Sure does. Some are a bit harsher than others.

Let's put it this way, I know a vic roads where you don't even need to plug anything up. Just have it sitting on the bike as the bloke knows you will be ripping it all back off again later. As for mini's, I think you would need pretty much everything working.

Vicroads in frankston will allow it to be hooked up to a battery that isn't getting charged from the bike, dandenong vicroads want it all getting charge from the bike. It's crazy how much it varies! So yeah it makes a big difference!

also depends on the person too....when i went to vic roads to get it the guy wasnt even that worried...i just told him i had to start it up for the lights to work ( which was true) and hes like nahh dont do that it will be too noisy...so i cld of just had them sitting on there n not even connected and it wld of passed lol...all he was worried about were makin sure the engine and frame numbers matched to wat i gave them and that i had lights n wat not on it...then my mate went to the same place and he had to start it and all to prove that they worked lol and he'd just drained the carby the day b4 and was a bitch to start :p

yeah i was doing light kits but encountered too many time wasters that want everything for nothing.

the easiest way to do it is to buy a standard regulator/rectifier that comes with electric start bikes, this then gives you a fixed 12v output (otherwise is can spike up to 50v) and then get some lights.

i still have a couple of ally headlights that i made up that fit 3 - 10mm led's, but you will still need a resistor to bring the voltage down from 12v to 3v (i think from memory, dont quote me) and then you need a stop/tail light and horn.

if you want a headlight they are $20 plus postage

headlight2.jpg

Latest posts

Back