release the break pressure

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennaz

Reaction score
I have taken my front break off to replace the front forks and now i cant seem to release the pressure off the break pads. Anyone know how to do it?

Who was the knob that pulled the lever whilst the caliper was off?

Try and pry them apart with a big flat blade screwdriver, try not to damage the braking surface.

Who was the knob that pulled the lever whilst the caliper was off?

Try and pry them apart with a big flat blade screwdriver, try not to damage the braking surface.

The only knob i see is you.

I might wait and get some better advise than dodgey advise.

Fecken touchy aren't ya, i tried to help you cock. get farked

screw driver or the spacer that came with teh bike

open them up with a G-clamp, and in future don't pull the brake lever when the caliper is off the disc. I have done this myself a few times, when I do it I call myself a Dick Head. So I don't think he meant anything by the knob comment.
You just need to learn not to take anything that is said in this or any other forum so personally. Just remember you can't hear someones tone of voice in a typed msg. most things are said tongue in cheek.

P.S. never stick any sharp edged tool between the brake pads, as this will more often than not damage them.

I know how to spell fuckwit, but lots of forums edit out swearwords, if getting them apart with the screwdriver didn't help i did have more advice for you, but you won't be getting any now, and it's not dodgy advice, i've been riding for fifteen years, owned 20 bikes and do all of my own work, have fun trying to fix your bike, i'll be out riding mine in the morning.

If you can't handle a little bit of shit given toungue in cheek when you fuck up life's going to be real hard for you buddy.

I know how to spell fuckwit, but lots of forums edit out swearwords, if getting them apart with the screwdriver didn't help i did have more advice for you, but you won't be getting any now, and it's not dodgy advice, i've been riding for fifteen years, owned 20 bikes and do all of my own work, have fun trying to fix your bike, i'll be out riding mine in the morning.

If you can't handle a little bit of shit given toungue in cheek when you fuck up life's going to be real hard for you buddy.

A,I just cant stop laughing at you. Can you put together a sentence without swearing? Can you say feral?

B, Im already riding my bike and have been for the past 2 hours. So have fun waiting till the morning.

C, Im not your buddy.

um he sweared 2 times in that paragraph u need to HARDEN THE FUCK UP!
stick ya dick inbetween the breaks that might work

Hey everyone, just calm down.

When i was first putting my bike together my mate took the space thing out of the front brake calipers, and then he pulled in the front brake to test if they were working, I had to spend about half an hour trying to push it open and not completely screw the brake pads.

Last edited:
I'm calm, just sick of the children on here that can't take things like real men, "ohh he called me a knob, that's so rude, even though he gave me the right advice i'm going to go tell the teacher"

Poor princess getting his knickers in a knot over nothing, wanna tissue?

Dalahare, Dont keep it going mate.. Your a good bloke and all, just don't keep it going your only going to hate each other more than you already do.

Just having a play mate, don't hate anyone, it's not kennaz fault he's a little sensitive, he'll probably come good with age, just like a good bourbon.

The second post in this thread, where he responded to me should have gone something like.

"Thanks for the advice poof, i'll go and try it now." and everyone would have been happy. :D

Haha, yep.. But some people are sensitive not saying that he is because that would only fuel this more, but before anyone starts bagging anyone besides bagging pascal, you gotta remember some people can get really effected by what you say

Just having a play mate, don't hate anyone, it's not kennaz fault he's a little sensitive, he'll probably come good with age, just like a good bourbon.

The second post in this thread, where he responded to me should have gone something like.

"Thanks for the advice poof, i'll go and try it now." and everyone would have been happy. :D

I hate to be the one to inform you mate but we have been through this in another thread, and I stand by what I say, " there is no such thing as a good Bourbon"! lol...

You mean all this time i've been drinking the stuff and it's crap? i'm afraid it must have affected my taste buds and no other spirit comes close, oh well, i'll leave the good stuff to you pegleg. ;)

Latest posts

Back