removing fork caps

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitproxr

Reaction score
hey i am having trouble removing my forks caps as they are being replaced,i have tried using the rattle gun and everything but they wont budge,i have removed other forks caps a few times so im sure im doing it properly,any other techniques to removing them,my replacements are ariving soon so i need to get it done

cheers

maybe try something like locktight freeze and release?
and make sure your turning them the correct way

Hi pitproxr
Ensure you have loosened the top triple clamp cap screws that hold the upper sections of the fork tubes .If they are still cinched up tight they may be causing the fork caps to be difficult to unscrew !!

Cheers Brian

nah i have the forks totaly pulled apart,out of the bike and the inner fork tubes are out of the fork arms,im sure im turning them the correct way,im not just trying to undo the fork caps, but i have to remove them from being connected to the spring and inner rod and its a bitch

try heating it up use a blow torch lightly lol

might work for ya

no blow torch put em in the oven ,i dunno im just trying to help

yer i am having the same problem, the fork top screws wont undo. . . normaly to undo them u just unscrew them ay??

Latest posts

Back