Removing the choke?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edzy

Reaction score
hey guys
im thinking about removing the choke.
what will it do? more power?
how do i remove it and what exactly am i removing?

thanks

Depends what kinda of carby you have. If it has a slide inside it that spins to stop the air, you can undo the screws and pull it all out. It will let more air through which gives you a possible performance increase, butyou would need to re jet/tune the carby for best performance.

It will prpbably make it harder to start and waste a bit of your time. I wouldnt bother if you dont know what you are doing.

if you have done all the other mods to your bike listed on this site then by all means remove you choke flap and run it back on the dyno to find that you have gained nothing except that it is harder to start when cold.
you need to think about what removing your choke will do and is it the only way to achieve the result you desire?
if you where to run your carby on a flow bench with and without the choke you would see next to no difference.
if you really want to mess with it get out your trusty dremel and grind the edges of the choke to a knife edge and reduce the size of the choke shaft this would improve flow slightly at high revs but you would still be able to start it without swearing.

or if you really wanted to be cool be the first to put fuel injection on one!!

Latest posts

Back