removing the choke

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky77

Reaction score
ive heard alot of stuff about people taking the choke off wat does this do. does it give more power or sumthing. and how do u take it off

the main reason is to take away the risk of it breaking and being sucked into the motor

lolz, i donno how it could be sucked into the engine, but ok... fragments on the other hand may have... another reason is to increase air volume, even though the cock may be off, it still takes up a area inside the carb... power increase wouldnt be significant

lolz, i donno how it could be sucked into the engine, but ok... fragments on the other hand may have... another reason is to increase air volume, even though the cock may be off, it still takes up a area inside the carb... power increase wouldnt be significant

over time they crack and get sucked into the motor , common on dirt bikes with plastic chockes

people also take the choke out for more air flow/top end power. i think there is an article on it in www.50mods.com. it does not do anything to the motor. but you will have to plug up the hole where the choke went with sumtin.

If you have a starter jet you'll be looking for ages for that part you want to remove...

the main reason is to take away the risk of it breaking and being sucked into the motor

Thats got to be the stupidest reason ive ever heard... Yeah im sure it could happen maybe, just maybe but it'd be years and years of back fires and wot not before the plastic choke (if your bike has a plastic choke) even breaks down...

Only real reason is to allow more air to the motor and thus a wee bit more power.

get a primer pump its a little handle/pump with two hoses 1 hose taps into the fuel line the other taps into the choke hole in the side of the carby with a nipple fitting the primer pump will squirt a small amount of fuel into the carby to start the bike with way less effort than using a choke without one of these two options good luck in starting the bike :p

Easiest fix is to fit a carby with a starter jet.

crazy. the only thing that was remotely similar to what u sed was that it gives a bit of an increase in power. i didnt even say anything about the choke being damaged. i was expanding on it to give the guy a bit more info than "power increase wouldnt be significant". goin to the site will also give him pointers. the posts were almost totally different. if u want to criticise the posts, DONT skim read them.

i removed the choke on my crf a year ago and never have trouble starting it, when your a stocker every little bit counts

Latest posts

Back