Rep Power??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradZ_09

Reaction score
Hey all, i've noticed as of late a green square next to some members name, such as myself. Saying *member name* is on a distinguished road? Im just wondering what it means? When i went to edit my profile i saw someone had given me one for the VIC Fires thread i started saying 'i was waiting for someone to mention this' So thanks to whoever did that. But i'm still not 100% on how it all works. :confused:

We haven't mentioned the rep system yet because there are still some further changes to be made to it.

A quick rundown:

Basically you can reward members for posting a good thread or giving a good, helpful reply and so on. A good reputation will add to a persons credibility.

Thats all I can be bothered saying about it right now lol

Brad and Wogtaz are both "on a distinguished road" according to their little thingies.

"I_THUMP is an unknown quantity at this point" hahahahaha....... there is so much I could say to that... but I'll refrain. :p

yeah gotta change up a few things i'll do it tonight if i get a chance

just adding to what thump said you can also give people minus points for posting completely crap or incorrect posts

Hey the little messages changed.
"On a distinguished road" is now "on the right path" and "an unknown quantity at this point" has changed to "unknown ability". Interesting.

Are they going to regularly change, or was that just some fine tuning??

Naaa once they are right I expect they will stay that way ... THUMP n COOLY are all over it :cool:

Hey the little messages changed.
"On a distinguished road" is now "on the right path" and "an unknown quantity at this point" has changed to "unknown ability". Interesting.

Are they going to regularly change, or was that just some fine tuning??

That is just one change but there will be more improvements to the rep system in the near future.

We will post up a thread with all the details soon.

It'll really important to have checks on the negative feedback as well.
So it isn't used and abused.

i have the power and i have and will be watching so if the system is abused than bottom of the ranks you go
this is ment to give user a bit of feedback for there contribution to the site

IT IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST!!!!!

more info still to come

I rekon this is a good idea.

Never noticed until i read this thread

can you MODS see who gives who neg or pos points?

Yes we can because we need to make sure the system isnt being abused. If you want the person to know that you gave them a rep then you just need to put your name at the end of the comment.

We are hoping to add more features to the whole system soon but some things just take time to organise and get set up so stay tuned.

you Skylar are in my rut hole. hahaha

and yea bulldog ya do, its to the right of all ya post's, and somewhere in your profile. you hav a green box and it says "is in the right rut"

Latest posts

Back